Vice President Job Opening
PenFed Credit Union• McLean, Virginia
PenFed Credit Union is hiring a Vice President, Portfolio Management at our headquarters PenFed Plaza in Mclean, Virginia. The primary purpose of this job is to utilize in-depth knowledge of the fixed income and equity markets to assist the Treasurer in managing the investment portfolio. This position will perform advanced portfolio and fixed income research, and transacting securities. This position represents the management in interacting with the executive team, the Board, auditors and regulators.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of job duties and the position will perform other duties as assigned.
- Identify fixed income investment/portfolio management strategies based on research of economic forecasts, interest rate trends, spreads movement and market performance of various sectors security types to achieve Liquidity and Asset-Liability Management objectives.
- Source, analyze, trade and monitor individual securities in various sectors, e.g. agencies, GSE and corporates.
- Oversee PenFed’s investments for employee benefits and charitable donations via insurance or other stable value products.
- Prepare and present analyses and recommendations to ALCO, Executive team and Board level committees.
- Maintain broker/dealer relationships to ensure proper coverage and best execution in fixed income.
- Oversee annual broker/dealer due diligence process.
- Develop and ensure appropriate compliance with all policies and procedures governing the activities of the Treasury Front office including compliance with regulatory and board limits.
- Monitor regulations and identify if changes in board policy and management policies and procedures are required.
- Represent PenFed with auditors, dealers and regulators as an expert in PenFed’s investment portfolio management.
- Generate other research and analytical reports as assigned; assemble spreadsheets; and develop charts and graphs to illustrate technical trends and points.
*This role is responsible for ensuring business continuity.*
Education and Experience
Equivalent combination of education and experience is considered.
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting, economics, finance, statistics or related field required.
- Master’s Degree in accounting, economics, finance, statistics or MBA required.
- Minimum of fifteen (15) years’ experience in Investments and Portfolio Management, Treasury and/or related fields.
- Minimum of five (5) years in a Director role required.
This position will not supervise employees.
Licenses and Certifications
Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) preferred.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to an indoor office setting with moderate noise.
*Most roles require working in an office setting with moderate noise and the ability to lift 25 pounds.*
Ability to travel to various worksites and be on-call may be required.
Established in 1935, PenFed today is one of the country’s strongest and most stable financial institutions with over 1.8 million members and over $25 billion in assets. We serve members in all 50 states and the District of Columbia, as well as in Guam, Puerto Rico, Okinawa, and Portugal. We are federally insured by NCUA and we are an Equal Housing Lender. We are available to members worldwide, via the web, seven days a week, twenty-four hours a day.
Our mission isn’t simply to help our members get by. We exist to help them realize every ounce of their potential. We exist to educate, and to encourage. We exist to usher their dreams into the land of reality.
We provide our employees with a lucrative benefits package including robust medical, dental and vision plan options, plenty of paid time off, 401k with employer match, on-site fitness facilities at our larger locations, and more.
Equal Employment Opportunity
PenFed management will maintain and observe personnel policies which will not discriminate or permit harassment or retaliation against a person because of race, color, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, military or veteran status or obligation, the presence of a physical and/or mental disability or medical condition, genetic information, sexual orientation, and all statuses protected by applicable state or local law in all recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, overtime, position classifications, work assignments, facilities, promotions, transfers, employee treatment, and in all other terms and conditions of employment. PenFed will also prohibit retaliation against individuals for raising a complaint of discrimination or harassment or participating in an investigation of same.
PenFed will also reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with a disability so that they can apply for a job or perform the essential functions of a job unless doing so causes a direct threat to these individuals or others in the workplace and the threat cannot be eliminated by reasonable accommodation or if the accommodation creates an undue hardship to PenFed. Contact human resources (HR) with any questions or requests for accommodation at 571-341-6572.