Assistant Vice President for Finance/Comptroller - Alabama A&M University Job Opening
Assistant Vice President for Finance/Comptroller - Alabama A&M University
Alabama A&M University• Normal, Alabama
Under limited supervision plans, develops and supervises the University's overall financial management system.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reports to the Senior Vice President for Finance & Administration and supervises the work of General Accounting, Accounts Payable, Payroll, Grants & Contracts Accounting, Office of Student Accounts, Cashier's Office, and the ID card office.
- Coordinates with the Budget Office regarding the preparation and revision of annual and long-range budgets for presentation to the Senior Vice President for Finance & Administration, the President, and the Board of Trustees.
- Ensures that approved University expenditures are properly controlled within the limits of approved budgets.
- Supervises the maintenance of all accounting records and bank accounts, and the receipting and disbursing of all University funds.
- Coordinates with all directors of programs supported by restricted funds to ensure the proper management of all such funds.
- Supervises the receipting and accounting of all funds received by the University from students, donors and from the operation of its auxiliary enterprises.
- Coordinates with internal and external auditors, financial planners and consultants regarding appropriate financial management and budgetary practices and procedures.
- Supervises the University's programs of cash management, investment management and credit risk management.
- Performs any other duties that may be assigned by the Senior Vice President for Finance & Administration.
Minimum Position Requirements (including certifications, licenses, etc.):
- A master's degree in accounting, finance, or business administration, or related area, or certification as a Certified Public Accountant.
- Five (5) years of experience in college or university accounting, financial management or business management.
- Extensive knowledge of the principles, theories and practices of accounting, auditing, budgeting and financial management.
- Ability to design, implement and evaluate new accounting and financial management procedures.
- Ability to prepare and analyze budgets and complex financial statements.
- Ability to supervise professional and clerical employees.
- Well developed skills in written and oral communication.
- Experience in higher education is preferred.
CLOSING DATE: Open until filled
For preferential consideration candidates should apply by March 20, 2019.
Alabama A&M University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Alabama A&M University encourages applications for employment from persons who are members of groups that have been underrepresented based on race, color, national origin, gender, age, or disability.