Tax Consultant II - Business Tax Services Job Opening
Tax Consultant II - Business Tax Services
Deloitte• Boise, Idaho
Are you a junior tax professional who wants to specialize in federal taxation for large global and dynamic midsize clients? Do phrases like “accounting for income taxes,” “tax structuring,” and “tax controversy” peak your interest? Do you enjoy working with clients from a variety of industries? If you answered “Yes” to any of these questions, you should consider a career in Deloitte’s Business Tax Services (Federal tax) practice.
What you’ll do
As a Tax Consultant within the Business Tax Services group, you will be a valuable member on tax engagements, assisting across a variety of tax services that are relevant for public and private companies, ranging from tax compliance, tax planning, tax controversy, and tax research. Responsibilities will include:
- Preparing partnership, corporate, and individual federal income tax returns and all related work papers.
- Coordinating with the client’s tax and finance departments to gather data for tax return preparation.
- Preparing income tax provisions in accordance with ASC740, as well as supporting the Deloitte audit team on tax provision reviews.
- Assisting with strategic tax planning including researching federal tax law and drafting technical memos.
- Assisting with IRS audit defense including preparation of IDR responses and drafting issue responses as well as more formal appeals.
At Deloitte Tax LLP, our Business Tax Services team provides expertise to clients to gain a competitive advantage by integrating tax strategy into their business operations while working within the confines of their individual risk profiles. Business Tax subject matter experts and industry specialists provide services relevant to our client’s business. Our team will assist with global tax challenges and transform the tax department to create greater impact and efficiency within our client’s organization. Our spectrum of business tax services are relevant for public and private companies and range from tax planning to tax compliance, controversy and risk management, specialized services including research and development, government incentives, and tax management consulting. Join us, and help clients optimize their tax functions and take strategy to the next level. Learn more about Deloitte Business Tax Services.
- 1-3 years’ experience in federal taxation
- Preparation experience of federal tax returns for corporations, partnerships, and individuals
- Understanding of accounting for income tax provisions in accordance with ASC740
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, or related field
- CPA certification if qualified to sit for the CPA; if not qualified, licensed attorney, enrolled agent, or other appropriate certification (or in the process of obtaining)
- Excellent presentation and communications skills
- Able to travel up to 25%
- Advanced degree such as Masters of Tax, JD, and/or LLM
- Previous Big 4 or large CPA firm experience
- Excellent research and writing skills
- Supervisory experience
How you’ll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
We take pride in our culture and celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness. As a commitment to our people, we offer well-being programs and provide our professional’s opportunities for support and flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. This supportive culture helps enable our people to do their best work every day. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte’s impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you’re applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.