Senior Tax Accountant Job Opening
Senior Tax Accountant
Cable & Wireless Communications Inc• Coral Gables, Florida
Category: Tax Accountant
The Senior Tax Accountant at Cable Wireless Communications (CWC) will join a tax department to be primarily responsible for the tax provision preparation for the Caribbean region countries. The position will also provide support with ASC740 tax reporting, FIN 48 analysis, tax audit assistance and third party withholding advice. The Senior Tax Accountant will report to the Tax Manager and will work closely with other tax staff and the finance department.
- Prepare and analyze all book to tax differences for assigned Caribbean/LATAM entities for tax provision compliance and reconcile the differences between provision and return. Maintain tax depreciation schedules, net operating loss schedules and reconcile tax payable roll forward schedules.
- Provide support in the documentation and explanation of calculations and disclosures to the external audit team.
- Assist in the implementation and execution of documentation and internal control obligations under the Sarbanes-Oxley Act.
- Regularly collect and interpret tax data from across markets to build meaningful cash tax projections and provide tax liquidity updates to the tax team and executive management.
- Quarterly update of uncertain tax positions calculation and memo.
- Assist in certain technical research projects to support tax technical positions.
- Provide advice on the applicable rates with respect to the third party withholding
- Perform other duties as assigned
- BSBA or equivalent 4-year college degree, with an accounting/tax major
- Certified Public Accountant preferred
- 3-5 years public accounting (Big 4) and/or industry experience, specifically in corporate tax.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Experience with OneSource Income Tax software is preferred, but not mandated.
- Experience working with LATAM and Caribbean countries is preferred, but not mandated.
- Experience with SEC reporting.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a complex, demanding and dynamic environment.
- Detail oriented with excellent follow-up practices
- Strong written, oral, and analytical skills with an ability to interpret data and concisely articulate technical information.
- Energetic with a strong work ethic, high personal standard of ethical conduct and ability to securely handle confidential information.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint.