Senior Revenue Accountant Job Opening
Senior Revenue Accountant
Micron• Boise, Idaho
Req. ID: 135179
Micron Technology’s vision is to transform how the world uses information to enrich life and our commitment to people, innovation, tenacity, collaboration, and customer focus allows us to fulfill our mission to be a global leader in memory and storage solutions. This means conducting business with integrity, accountability, and professionalism while supporting our global community.
As a Senior Financial Accountant at Micron Technology, Inc., you will be responsible for preparing and reviewing monthly account reconciliations, preparing and reviewing journal entries through accessing data in financial systems and customer reports, and performing monthly fluctuation analysis which will include researching, identifying, and documenting variance justifications. Additional responsibilities include providing data to customers, management, and auditors, providing consultation and training to customers, mentoring members of your team, leading aspects of ad hoc projects, maintaining knowledge of policies and regulatory compliance regulations, and presenting information to finance management.
Prepare Journal Entries and Review for Accuracy
- Collect data from financial systems and customer reporting
- Analyze and review data to determine appropriate entries
- Document justifications for entry
- Post entries into the General Ledger
- Review and analyze the consistency of subsidiary accounting (for areas of expertise)
- Perform accounting research and provide consultation
- Communicate with subsidiaries and report significant transactions and fluctuations
Perform and Validate Monthly Account Reconciliation
- Run reports to identify financial activities
- Validate beginning and ending balances between Reconciliation and SAP accounts
- Research and provide detail of activity for each account
- Monitor and investigate account discrepancies and document unusual activity
Provide Expertise and Assist Team
- Maintain expertise of internal policy and regulatory compliance requirements (SOX, GAAP, etc.)
- Lead subtasks of ad hoc projects for cross-functional teams
- Provide training to internal customers and peers
- Provide special reports for finance management
- Interact with other teams regarding general accounting issues
- Act as a mentor and knowledge resource for less senior team members
- Assist others with workload when necessary
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance
- 3+ years experience in Accounting or Finance
- Deep understanding of Microsoft Office Suite; particularly Excel
- Experience in data analysis
- Highly motivated to ensure results are met
- Self-starter and able to work independently
- You are organized and detail oriented
- Strong focus on accuracy
- Excellent analytical skills, the ability to learn quickly and solve problems
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Exceptional focus on customer satisfaction and strong interpersonal skills
- Works well under strict deadlines in a dynamic and rapidly changing environment
- SAP General Ledger experience
As the leader in innovative memory solutions, Micron is helping the world make sense of data by delivering technology that is transforming how the world uses information. Through our global brands — Micron, Crucial and Ballistix — we offer the industry’s broadest portfolio. We are the only company manufacturing today’s major memory and storage technologies: DRAM, NAND, NOR and 3D XPoint™ memory. Our solutions are purpose built to leverage the value of data to unlock financial insights, accelerate scientific breakthroughs and enhance communication around the world.
Employee Rewards Program, Healthcare, Paid time off (Combined Sick and Vacation Time), Retirement savings plans, Paid maternity/paternity leave, Employee Assistance Program, Professional development training, Workplace wellness programs, Micron Health Clinic (Boise only), Fitness Center / Activity rooms (Boise only), Tuition Reimbursement, Micron Corporate Discounts, Casual Dress attire.
We recruit, hire, train, promote, discipline and provide other conditions of employment without regard to a person's race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, pregnancy, veteran’s status, or other classifications protected under law. This includes providing reasonable accommodation for team members' disabilities or religious beliefs and practices.
Each manager, supervisor and team member is responsible for carrying out this policy. The EEO Administrator in Human Resources is responsible for administration of this policy. The administrator will monitor compliance and is available to answer any questions on EEO matters.
To request assistance with the application process, please contact Micron’s Human Resources Department at 1-800-336-8918 (or 208-368-4748).
Keywords: Boise, ID || Idaho (US-ID) || United States (US) || SGA || Experienced || Regular || Accounting/Finance || #LI-SC2 ||