Staff Accountant Job Opening
Wayne Farms• Decatur, Alabama
The Further Processing Staff Accountant performs accounting tasks and participates in projects in connection with preparing, reconciling, and explaining the profit/loss for the further processing operations.
RESPONSIBILITIES & TASKS:
- Downloads Sales and Purchases Data information from Adage to reconcile to inventory database.
- Ensure accuracy of lbs. received from other locations by evaluating short weights and over weights. Evaluate this data to ensure correct yield information.
- Verifies accuracy of sales and purchases pricing to ensure that over and under billing does not occur.
- Responsible for evaluating outside sales claims on short weights, price adjustments, and quality adjustments to allocate correct funds back to the departments.
- Summarizes sales and purchases by department for metric reports and weekly profit/loss estimate.
- Inventory Valuations on finished product, raw material, packaging, condiments, etc.
- Bill and reconcile inter-company sales transactions
- Create Journal Entries for Sales Purchasing and Inventory transactions at month end and balance general ledger accounts.
- Manages sales commission and freight accruals.
- Inputs Sizing Department production data into spreadsheet to report yields and throughputs for Operations
- Analyzes variance between actual and standard variables in the cost model (yields, trim values, meat costs, processing costs) to explain profit and loss of further processing departments (Sizing/Marination).
- Manages projects for data distribution and report development by utilizing spreadsheets and databases.
- Forecasts monthly profit and loss.
- Determines raw material requirements based on finished product specifications for annual budget.
- Periodically observes month end inventory counts.
- Responsible for other duties as assigned by Accounting Supervisor.
- None. This is an individual contributor position. Competencies required: Functional/Technical Skills, Action Oriented, Problem Solving, Learning on the Fly and Interpersonal Savvy.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Accounting, Finance, or Related Field.
- 1-3 years relevant Accounting experience with strong knowledge of Accounting principles and concepts.
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Experience in Poultry or Food Manufacturing environment preferred.
REQUIRED TECHNICAL SKILLS:
- Must be able to speak, read, write, and comprehend English fluently.
- Must have excellent spelling, proof reading and grammatical skills.
- Must have strong attention to details.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Advanced Computer Skills required: Microsoft Office/Excel.
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Must have the ability to work independently and with minimal supervision.
- Uses advanced math skills to add, subtract, multiply and divide and calculate yields and metrics.
REQUIRED PROBLEM SOLVING SKILLS:
- Resolves discrepancies between General Ledger and Spreadsheet balances.
- Manages multiple tasks and projects simultaneously and prioritizes work accordingly.
- Applies basis reasoning skills and carries out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to read, understand and interpret data and draw logical conclusions based on the available inputs.
- Resolves problems involving variable data and fixed data.
- Applies critical thinking skills in standardized situations as well as non-routine problems.