Accounting Supervisor - Property Accounting Job Opening
Accounting Supervisor - Property Accounting
NextEra Energy• Juno Beach, Florida
Requisition ID: 33632
Our reliability is one of the best in the nation, and we’re working to make it even better. We live here too. That’s why we’re committed to making Florida a better place. Join our team today Learn more
Position Specific Description
This job provides technical and administrative supervision to specific accounting areas, such as general, corporate, property, energy marketing, payables, and receivables.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Oversees the preparation of financial reports and maintains the integrity of financial systems
- Develops, analyzes, and interprets accounting information and results
- Provides analytical support of financial statements and general ledger
- Prepares financial statements and related disclosures
- Ensures SEC reporting and SOX compliance and system of internal and accounting controls
- Consolidates multiple company financial statements
- Maintains system of accounts, books and records on transactions and assets
- Coordinates annual audit with independent auditors
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned
- High School Grad / GED
- Bachelor's Degree
- Experience:8+ years
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Bachelor's - Accounting / Finance
- Master's Degree
- Supervisor/Management Experience:1+ years
Employee Group: Exempt
Employee Type: Full Time
Job Category: Finance, Accounting & Business Analytics
Organization: Florida Power & Light Company
Location: Juno Beach, Florida
Other Work Locations: Florida
Relocation Provided: No
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with NextEra Energy, please send an e-mail to [email protected], providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 1-844-694-4748. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
NextEra Energy does not accept any unsolicited resumes or referrals from any third-party recruiting firms or agencies. Please see our policy for more information.