Office Supervisor Job Opening
Yamaha• Bridgeport, Alabama
Yamaha Motor Corporation, U.S.A. is a growing and dynamic organization with superb products that include motorcycles, outboard motors, ATVs, personal watercraft, snowmobiles, jet boats, outdoor power equipment, parts & accessories, apparel, and more. We are a company of enthusiasts and have passion for our products.
The Office Supervisor manages normal facility operations for the Marine Bridgeport, Alabama Test Facility. You will manage the loan pool program, shipping and receiving processes (including HAZMAT) and specified inventory control of engines, renewals and destruction. This position works with the Environmental Control agencies to keep permitting active. The Office Supervisor schedules and approves normal repairs to facility grounds and buildings.
- Manage loan pool (i.e., requests and approval for product, monitor product locale, arrangements and periodic follow up with vendor). Maintain and report loan pool inventory schedule and activity to Manager monthly.
- Prepare and process all shipping and receiving orders, authorizations, freight bills, re-billings, and infield transfers. Must be HAZMAT trained every two years for compliance. Provide support to Precision Propeller Industries (PPI) for propeller and parts shipping to YMC. Provide support to logistics division for all incoming shipments.
- Prepare monthly work report for the Manager compiled from the daily work scheduled submitted by the Test Technicians.
- Work with Environmental Control Agencies to ensure all permits are up to date and records are kept for future reference and posted when necessary. Work with offsite consultants to provide all necessary information to support the permitting required.
- Manage and control all boat, engine and propeller inventory. Maintain inventory control of engines and periodic engine renewals and product destruction paperwork. Boat registrations, trailer registrations and all other necessary titling and record keeping necessary for all facility owned assets.
- Prepare quarterly billing summaries, based on work outputs and test requests, so YMC can receive, review and reimburse YMUS for all work provided.
- Open and close the office when necessary. Set alarm and maintain on call list to provide support for local police and fire crews in event of burglary or fire.
- Handle facility calls, correspondence and stock office supplies. Process purchases, check requests and expense requests. S chedule cleaning, ground maintenance and repairs.
- Maintain complete confidentiality on testing activities, results and products.
- Oversee office operations (i.e., scheduling travel and hotel arrangements for staff and visitors coming in and out of the office). Provide support to visitors on policies and procedures while visiting this office.
- High School diploma required.
- Must obtain HAZMAT Training certification (Yamaha will provide training for certification).
- Must have 8+ years of prior Administrative Assistant and/or office management experience.
- Strong proficiency in MS Office (i.e., Excel, Word, Power Point, etc.).
- Strong Accounting and budgetary skills are required.
- Must have strong communication and sound decision making skills.
- Building maintenance/ repair knowledge is required.
Yamaha Motor Corporation, USA is proud to be an equal