Accounting Associate Job Opening
Processor's Choice• Moody, Alabama
KEY RESULT AREAS: The credit department is responsible for maintaining a high quality of accounts receivable while selling to all customers that represent prudent credit risks. We will provide flexible mechanisms to protect our substantial receivable investment. The A/P job function includes completion of payments and controlling expenses by receiving, processing, verifying, and reconciling invoices.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- A/P duties include:
- Resolving processed work by checking entries and comparing system information to balances.
- Charges expenses to accounts by analyzing invoice/expense reports; recording entries.
- Pays vendors by observing discount opportunities; scheduling and preparing checks; resolving purchase order, contract, invoice, or payment discrepancies; insuring credit is received for outstanding memos;
- Issues stop-payments when necessary
- Schedules payment to employees by receiving and confirming expense reports
- Maintains accounting ledgers by verifying and posting account transactions.
- Verifies vendor accounts by reconciling monthly statements and related transactions.
- Maintains historical records by filing financial documents.
- Safeguards organization's value by keeping information confidential.
- Compare and reconcile company credit card expenses to receipts and submit to management for approval
- A/R duties include:
- Audits daily deposits and cash control sheet
- Receives daily lock box, enters and updates accounts
- Follow up on past due customer invoices and notification to management and sales when customers slow in payment
- Verifies credit standing of customers from information in files, and approves or disapproves credit, based on predetermined standards. May withhold shipment until payment is received.
- Responsible for the release of credit holds and notification to sales and management when an account is on hold
- Researches short payments resulting from goods damaged during shipment
- Requests proof of delivery, gathers documentation required and files freight claim with carrier on prepaid shipments, follows up with carrier for payment
- Monitor contract item balances as invoices are received and paid
- Record company power unit and trailer data, to include fuel, mileage, M&R, and expenses
- Use accounting, word-processing, and database software to analyze financial data and create reports for management when needed.
- Back-up to answering phones after two rings
- Other duties as required
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: This job has no supervisory responsibilities
- Internal – Management, Purchasing, Customer Service, Warehouse, Drivers
- External – Vendors/suppliers, Customers, Corporate Accounting
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus.
EDUCATION: High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required; Associate Degree and a minimum 2-3 years related experience preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concept of basic algebra and geometry.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. Must possess strong analytical and problem solving skills.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.