Billing Clerk & Medical Assistant Job Opening
Billing Clerk & Medical Assistant
Shoals Kidney & Hypertension Center• Florence, Alabama
- Working under the direction of the billing manager
- Posting hospital and dialysis charges
- Billing clerk is responsible for posting electronic remittances (ERA) from insurances such as Medicare, BC, Medicaid, commercial, etc.
- Also responsible for the posting of any paper checks/cash/credit card/debit etc to patient's accounts from insurances and patients.
- Completing deposit slips and balancing daysheets
- running errands such as bank deposit and accountant office
- one late night a week to assist nursing staff
- working one day a week assisting nursing staff with shots and patient triage
Position is fulltime Monday-Friday 8:30 am to 5:00 pm except for late night which may be 6 pm; will receive 6 paid holidays; after a 90 probationary period, will be eligible for PTO, health insurance (paid in full by employer), and scrubs. After one year, will be eligible for retirement plan entry.
Job Type: Full-time
- Medical Billing & Posting: 1 year (Required)