Assistant Shift Supervisor Cage (Tunica) Job Opening
Assistant Shift Supervisor Cage (Tunica)
MGM Resorts International• Tunica, Mississippi
The Cage Assistant Shift Supervisor will supervise hourly employees on shift on Cage operations in accordance with gaming regulations and Gold Strike Policies and Procedures. Assist Director Cage Operations, Cage Manager and Shift Supervisor in management situations. Review and verify money exchanges. Responsible for monetary transactions and exchanges with customers and the pit.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND TASKS
- Supervising and participating in Cage, Credit and Satellite Bank activities, insuring count integrity and gaming compliance.
- Generating reports for the end of each shift and at the completion of the 24-hour period.
- Turning in reports and paperwork to Casino Accounting Department in a timely manner.
- Preparing work schedule for Credit Clerks and Cage Cashiers.
- Establishing good rapport with Cage and Pit Clerk Supervisors, Shift Managers and Hosts for expedient problem solving.
- Maintaining attendance records and vacation requests.
- Assisting Hosts in Credit and Upper Management with needs for high profile players (TTO's).
- Maintaining good attendance and a positive attitude. Must be team player.
- Maintaining a thorough knowledge of fraud prevention and credit scams.
- Maintaining a working knowledge of Main, Chip and Marker Banks.
- Troubleshooting and resolving problems in all areas of the Cage, Credit and Satellite Bank.
- Assisting Shift Supervisor.
- Performing disciplinary functions for shift personnel.
- Being available for meetings or conferences during daytime hours and by pager during shift.
- Attending mandatory classes given by Gold Strike.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee in this position. It is not intended to give all details or a step-by-step account of the way each procedure or task is performed. The incumbent is expected to perform other duties necessary for the effective operation of the department.
Cage Cashier and Credit Clerks
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE :
Must have a High School diploma or equivalent and four years of casino cage or banking experience required, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience. Dual Rate Training in Cage at Gold Strike. Prior supervisory experience desired. Accounting background/degree helpful. Must be 21 years of age or older.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
Mississippi Gaming Permit and Care Card for gaming.
- Knowledge of Title 31.
- Knowledge of currency counters, check scanner, phones, copiers, ten-key, credit card, fill/credit and Cummins machines.
- Accounting background/degree helpful
- Must have excellent money handling.
- Work in a fast-paced, busy, and somewhat stressful environment.
- Maintain physical stamina and proper mental attitude and ability to deal effectively with guests, management, employees and outside contacts
- Good attendance, a "positive" attitude, team player skills are a must.
- Basic computer skills are necessary.
- Knowledge of all NRT functions
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is constantly standing, listening, using computer, telephone, and speaking.
- Occasionally walking distances of 10 to 30 ft., between various areas of the Department.
- Frequently using wrist motion, dexterity, eye-hand coordination, and writing, typing on computer keyboard.
- Occasionally carrying, pushing, and pulling up to 50 lbs.
Work performed indoors, in climate controlled environment. Employee may or will be exposed to dust and secondhand smoke. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Regular scheduled hours. Must be flexible if needed for occasional work outside of normal business hours.