Executive Fiscal Manager Job Opening
Executive Fiscal Manager
Nevada Public Health Foundation• Carson City, Nevada
The position is 40 hours per week and may require minimal evening or weekend hours.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
With general supervision, provides grants management, financial, payroll/human resources, clerical, office and safety management support within the office.
- Supports Executive Director as needed relating to office functions.
- Ensures services such as phone and walk in reception, office supplies, mailing, copying, faxing are carried out in a consistent and professional manner. Maintains files of contracts, licenses and other financial documents.
- Coordinates the inventory of fixed asset inventory and reports additions and disposals of furniture and equipment.
- Assists in the development and creation of reports; collecting, compiling and typing information as assigned.
- Assists with the building of the annual budget, financial reports and compliance with audits.
- Prepares check requests and delivers weekly check request runs to bookkeeper. Completes bank deposits.
- Prepares billings/invoices/requests for reimbursements to funders, tracks receipt of payments, and helps balance regular reports received from bookkeeper to prepare for quarterly Board meetings.
- Oversees the collection, safeguarding and daily deposit of all payments received by the office.
- Assists with the administration and monitoring of grants, contracts, and leases.
- Manages accounting processes and grant compliance requirements for state and federal funded grant programs.
- Working knowledge of QuickBooks. Intermediate knowledge of Excel.
- Review/or assist in the preparation of grant progress reports, as well as interim and final narrative reports per funder’s requirements.
- Assists with the Human Resources function for new hires including processing new hire paperwork and background checks.
- Maintains schedule for the assigned area, including conference rooms, meetings and other logistical data to ensure smooth running of office.
- Provides a broad range of administrative and oversite functions including finance and budgetary responsibilities, information systems integration, and acts as safety coordinator.
- Models professional standards and ethics in accordance with agency philosophy.
- Promotes ongoing commitment to excellence and continual quality improvement to ensure the highest quality of services to our staff and clients.
- Assists staff with billing questions, concerns and logistics.
- Reviews and resolves credit card chargebacks.
- Performs reoccurring month-end closing entries, reconciliations, transaction research, accounts receivables, cash receipts, accounts payable, purchase orders, internal controls, and audits as needed.
- Maintains comprehensive communication among all contacts (internal and external). Takes minutes of Board meetings.
- Serves as liaison between potential funding agencies and staff.
- Assists program managers with finance related implementation.
- When asked, assists staff with grant proposal preparation by coordinating timelines, developing budgets, and help with the completion of applicable grant application forms.
- Provides clerical assistance of a routine and non-routine nature including correspondence, preparation of documents, writing and compiling statistical information, local presentation material and community activities coordination
- Utilizes judgment and interpretation of general guidelines when making decisions, informs management of actions and suggests future changes to increase efficiencies.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Education /Background: High School diploma or equivalent plus 5 years of progressive bookkeeping experience in a clerical or administrative setting required. Degree in Accounting, Finance or Public or Business Administration can replace experience.
- Microsoft Office Suite skills, including intermediate Excel skills; adaptive to new features and technologies.
- Project management skills including planning, setting and managing milestones, identifying and managing stakeholder relationships, and achieving agreed-on outcomes.
- Demonstrates attention to detail and job focus; organizes and prioritizes well; seeks solutions and results.
- Takes initiative; self-motivates; demonstrates creativity and critical thinking.
- Communicates detailed information effectively both verbally and in writing. Answers questions and clarifies points.
- Works effectively in a team: able to build partnerships and work collaboratively; integrates disparate viewpoints into creative solutions.
- Ability to work effectively in a quiet environment, set priorities and meet deadlines.
- Strong analysis skills: gathers and interprets data dealing with complex problems and situations; understands and interprets complex rules and regulations.
- Ability to properly account for and budget all grant transactions.
- Must have a strong customer service focus.
- Plans for and uses resources efficiently, creates accurate and realistic budgets, tracks and adjusts budgets, contributes to budget planning.
- Demonstrates strong organization skills and time management. Requires ability to communicate detailed information either verbally or in writing. Answers questions and clarifies points.
- Critical Thinking and Continuous Improvement
- Collaborative Relationships and Teamwork
- Initiative and Results Focus
Nevada Public Health Foundation offers earned sick leave and vacation time.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL EFFORT
- Ability to lift 25 pounds.
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment with moderate interruptions.
- Must be able to stoop, bend, squat, and ambulate over uneven floor surfaces including stairs and steps.
- Primarily office work, travel within area on a frequent basis, travel to other areas of state as needed. Evening and weekend hours are rare.
- Must be able to visually and auditory assess and interact with clients to ensure their safety and wellbeing.
- Be able to use office equipment, computer, monitor, key board, telephone.
This job description is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, effort, and/or working conditions associated with the position. While it is intended to be an accurate reflection of the job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change (i.e. emergencies, changes in staff, workload, rush jobs, technology changes, etc.)
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $22.00 /hour
- Accounting: 5 years (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Carson City, NV 89705 (Required)
- Other forms
- One location