Sr. Accountant Job Opening
Management & Training Corporation Headquarters• Centerville, Utah
- Lead special projects involving technical and complex accounting concepts.
- Collaborate with team of accountants and junior staff, including leading on specific projects.
- Serve as a liaison to finance staff in the field, including delivering training at facilities.
- Analyze financial information to be able to identify, summarize and communicate financial status and trends.
- Review and recommend modifications to the accounting system, procedures and policies.
- Post journal entries to the accounting system, review and approve postings by accountants and correct errors, and reconcile general ledger accounts and related sub-ledgers.
- Ensure timely completion of subsystem closing and trial balance preparation for all MTC locations.
Education and Experience Requirements:
Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field. Master’s degree in accounting preferred. 2-4 years of accounting experience. Interest in advancement and growth in the accounting field. Strong grasp of accounting procedures and principles. Knowledge of advanced or technical accounting concepts preferred. Advanced MS Excel skills. Experience with mid to large sized company accounting system suite preferred. Must be willing and able to travel. Interested in participating in a collaborative team environment. Unless waived by management, valid driver's license in the state of employment with an acceptable driving record.
MTC’s caring philosophy defines its commitment to providing its employees and family members with quality and competitive benefit options that address health and wellness needs. We understand and accept our responsibility to deliver the information and tools necessary to allow each employee to make informed decisions on health, wellness, financial security, retirement, and many other benefits.
MTC offers a variety of benefits to assist employees in balancing their personal and professional lives, such as:
- Medical, vision, and prescription drug benefits
- Dental benefits
- Life insurance
- Accidental death and dismemberment insurance
- Short-term and long-term disability benefits
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Employee assistance program
- Sick leave and vacation (or PTO, varies by location)
- Bereavement leave
- Civic duty and military leave
- Travel insurance
- Education assistance