Budget and Operations Analyst Job Opening
Budget and Operations Analyst
Verizon• Basking Ridge, New Jersey
What you’ll be doing...
- Manage the end to end budget process.
- Prepare and analyze monthly, quarterly, and annual CMI spend against budgets to identify problems, trends and issues that require further review.
- Prepare monthly and annual expense accruals to ensure all project spend has been recorded based on accounting principles.
- Suggest improved policies and systems regarding spend guidelines, cost savings, cost allocations and annual planning.
- Work with finance and CMI team to ensure that budget stays within plan.
- Assist in the development and growth of relationships with key syndicated suppliers and assist with knowledge sharing sessions.
- Work across all aspects of Sourcing process including but not limited to working with Sourcing on contract pricing terms and conditions, conducting research and providing benchmark data on pricing and/or other key terms and conditions and working with the internal business partners to develop objectives and plans.
- Work with suppliers in maintaining positive and ethical working relationships.
- Collaborate closely with key business partners to understand their priorities and challenges; assess their needs on an ongoing basis.
What we’re looking for...
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Budget management or accounting experience.
- Experience with contract negotiations and managing vendor relationships.
- Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint experience.
- A degree.
- Experience or interest in the technology sector.
- Creative eye for persuasive, provocative, and effective communication.
- Ability to communicate and work effectively with business partners across the organization.
- Knowledge of a variety of market research and analytic techniques including experience with survey design, interview methodology, user experience research, segmentation, choice models, driver analysis and persona development.
- Ability to work well under dynamic environment.
- Willingness to travel between Basking Ridge, NJ and New York City as needed.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.