Night Auditor/Front Desk Clerk Job Opening
Night Auditor/Front Desk Clerk
Residence Inn by Marriott• Florence, Alabama
The Front Desk Agent & Night Auditor creates a positive experience for all guests by delivering professional and pleasant service. They are responsible for ensuring that the check-in and check-out processes are smooth and efficient and also performing other Front Office responsibilities with the attentive coordination of hotel all services. The position will work to optimize the guest experience while at the hotel and elsewhere by acting pleasant, professional and efficient at all times.
- Greet all guests with a warm welcome
- Check guests in and out of rooms, as well as assigning rooms to guests
- Handles confidential information, guest records, with a high degree of integrity
- Answers telephones and takes messages when needed
- May make, confirm or cancel guest reservations
- Assists guests when transportation services as requested
- Assists with sales and marketing efforts as directed by the General Manager
- Offers and properly handles requests for wake-up calls
- Records pertinent guest information in the pass on log
- Replenishes breakfast as needed and keeps area clean
- Ensures common area/lobby is clean
- Performs laundry functions as directed
- Processes customer payments according to established policies and procedures.
- Computes bills and collects payment for guests
- Assist other team members with posting and balancing of shift work
- Perform Night Audit Functions as scheduled
- Attend all meetings as requested or assigned
- Special projects as assigned by management
- Promotes hotel services, facilities and outlets and becomes informed and knowledgeable of upcoming events/ functions in the hotel and in the surrounding area.
- Answers guests’ questions about the property and amenities and is able to refer and direct guests to area attractions and outlets.
- Uses creative reasoning to overcome guest objections and concerns and to ensure 100% satisfaction.
- Resolves minor guest complaints to the satisfaction of the customer; informs supervisor of major problems, complaints, disturbances or unhappy guests.
- Respond quickly to guest requests or complaints in a friendly manner and appropriate action is taken. Follows up to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Completes daily paperwork to include cashing out, documenting all adjustments, miscellaneous postings, paid outs, charges and check-outs.
- Handles departmental accounting of monies, receipts, guest accounts and other forms of credit; posts all charges; completes cashier’s report, prepares deposit and counts cashier bank.
- Balances cash drawers at open and closing of each shift.
- Transmits and receives messages using equipment such as computer, telephone, email, fax and switchboard.
- Provides a professional image at all times through appearance and dress codes set.
- Follows company policies and procedures
- Must be willing to work weekends and holidays
- Ability to interact with all associates and guests of the hotel
- Must be able to stand for an 8-hour shift
- Ability to work semi-independently without direct supervision by following all YMC Residence Inn Florence guidelines
- Intermediate level computer skills and knowledge required
- Ability to work under minimal supervision
- Read, write and speak English fluently
- Ability to communicate effectively with the public and other associates
Ideal candidates will have:
- Guest Service/Front Office experience
- Hotel experience preferred
- High School Diploma/GED
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, and push/pull, the employee is constantly required to hear and talk. The employee must occasionally walk, climb stairs, stand, crouch/bend/stoop, reach, smell, and grasp and lift objects weighing up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities constantly required are near vision and occasionally required include close and far vision. Finger dexterity is required to operate a computer keyboard and calculator.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
- Front Desk: 1 year (Preferred)
- customer service: 1 year (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule
Hours per week: