Accounting Supervisor Job Opening
Kellermeyer Bergensons Services• Pawtucket, Rhode Island
National Maintenance Systems, A KBS Company, is a recognized leader in facilities exterior maintenance services. Our consolidated facility maintenance program makes us a single point of contact for a variety of services at hundreds of client sites nationwide. Our 25+ years of hands on experience along with our nationwide network of select vendors allows our clients to greatly reduce their internal resources so that they can focus on core organizational goals and initiatives. We currently have an opening for an Accounting Supervisor to oversee the daily activities of the department.
Company Overview: For over 70 years, Kellermeyer Bergensons Services (KBS) has delivered best-in-class property services to major retailers, healthcare, churches, and commercial facilities across the United States. Our core services are janitorial, facilities repair and maintenance, landscape management, and parking lot maintenance services. Kellermeyer Bergensons is reliable, cost-effective and professional. Our property services offerings allow our customers the option to bundle a combination of services or to select single services.
Work Location: Pawtucket, RI
Position: Accounting Supervisor
Essential Job Functions:
- Develops, organizes, implements and maintains policies and procedures for all accounting department activities and insures proper internal controls are in place and functioning properly.
- Coordinates workflow, activities and projects of the accounting team to ensure even distribution and adequate coverage in order to achieve high standards.
- Creates and implements new procedures and features to enhance existing accounting and operations functions and controls.
- Responsible for the accurate recording of financial transactions, including reconciliations and supporting schedules for accounts.
- Manages vendor statement reconciliation, final payment letters, insurance and W-9 documents.
- Involved in the areas of payroll, accounts payable, accounts receivable and the operating budget.
- Provides quality on the job training/mentoring and constructive performance reviews to staff members.
- Develops and maintains a good working rapport with personnel across all departments.
- Works in tandem with the Controller to assist in month end closing process and other projects as needed.
- Performs other tasks as assigned by the VP of Operations or Controller.
- Manages 3-4 direct reports within the accounting department.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree coupled with a minimum of 5 years of experience in an Accounting Manager role.
- Well organized and detail orientated, with a strong sense of urgency and the ability to meet critical deadlines.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously with the ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Solid business planning skills with the ability to analyze problems and develop and implement solutions in a fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Effective management and leadership skills with extensive experience recruiting, training, motivating and developing direct reports.
- Experience with QuickBooks and Net Suite is a must
- Experience with Epicor is desired
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Office environment has minimum hazards, which may include varying temperatures and moderate noise levels.
- Site environment may have varying temperatures, varying work stations and varying interactions with customers and staff. The noise level is usually moderate.
What's In It For You?
- Dynamic corporate structure that challenges understanding levels of professionals. Significant knowledge growth through hand-on opportunities in several areas of finance and accounting.
- Company growth and new team opportunities.
In addition to our open door policy and supportive work environment, we also strive to provide a competitive salary and benefits package.
KBS considers all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity and expression, marital or military status, or based on any individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. KBS also provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local law.