Staff Accountant Job Opening
Aqua Finance, Inc• Wausau, Wisconsin
Aqua Finance, Inc. is looking for sharp, good-humored Staff Accountant who enjoys working in a constantly changing environment and streamlining a hectic day. You will be working in a fast-paced, creative environment with a nimble team that is focused on quality. We're taking a fresh approach to building an environment that brings out the best in Aqua Finance, Inc. and our employees! We're looking for people who are jacks of all trades: super organized and great at working with people.
The Staff Accountant will perform a wide range of timely accounting duties and responsibilities, including but not limited to: general ledger reconciliation, journal entry creation, financial statement and report preparation, account reconciliation and analysis, general sales and cost accounting support, and project work.
Are you a self-starter with the ability to work independently, meet deadlines, drive improvement and lead successful change within the organization?
Do you sweat the details and maintain a high level of integrity in your work?
If this sounds like you, we'd love to talk!
Requirements & Responsibilities:
- Associates Degree in Accounting, Bachelors of Science in Accounting Strongly Desired, or
- 4 Years Related Accounting Experience, or
- Understanding of GAAP financials is desired
- Any combination thereof will be considered
- Monthly closing of Financial Statements including A/P Accruals and other General Journal entries
- Weekly, Monthly, Quarterly, & Annual internal and external reporting duties
- Monthly Bank Reconciliations
- Run Daily/Weekly/Monthly Sales, Loan Collateral Assignments, Writeoffs, & Account Buyback processes.
- Create/update reports as assigned by the Accounting Manager
- Assist with Year End Audit and Bank Exams
- Limited Internal Audit duties
- Monitor Daily, Weekly, Monthly Cash Collections for Securitizations & Lines of Credit
- Must be able to work effectively with co-workers in a professional manner
- Must be able to communicate clearly in writing and verbally
- Must have the ability to use a telephone, and computer terminal/software packages
- Must have sufficient experience or training to demonstrate knowledge and ability to perform the job functions as defined above
- Great communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a spectrum of personalities as well as excellent listening skills
- Self-starter with ability to identify needs and areas of impact, as well as potential solutions
- Team player who works well under pressure, and is flexible in the face of changing priorities and needs
- Superb attention to detail and organizational skills
- Strong prioritization skills and a track record of consistently going above and beyond with outside-the-box thinking
- Strong Computer skills with working knowledge of Windows applications
- Incredibly bright individual who works well under pressure and has a passion to learn and contribute
Employment Term: Regular
Employment Type: Full Time
Hours per Week: 40+
Work Hours (i.e. shift): 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM; Flexibility to work earlier/later shifts as needed; Ideal candidate will have ability to work between the hours of 6:00 AM to 6:00 PM
Starting Salary Range: Grade 9 ($19+ - Based on Experience)
Full Benefits Package including: Medical, Dental, Vision, Group Life Insurance Plan, 401K with Company match, Short-Term Disability, Long-Term Disability, Paid-Time-Off and much more!
Casual for Cause - At Aqua Finance, casual day can be every day. We have used the perk to dress casual to help raise money for a variety of charities. https://www.aquafinance.com/who-we-are/news-events/casual-for-a-cause-q1-2016/
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $40,000.00 to $60,000.00 /year
- accounting: 1 year (Preferred)
- Wausau, WI (Preferred)
- CPA (Preferred)