Director of Plant Operations Job Opening
Director of Plant Operations
Encompass Health Rehabilitation Hospital of Shelby County• Pelham, Alabama
BE THE CONNECTION.
Be the seamless connection between your compassion and expertise and compelling, positive patient outcomes with a national rehabilitation leading hospital. Passionate about making a difference in the lives of others on an everyday basis, we foster a culture of compassion and collaboration. We offer exceptional career resources, including opportunities for skill-building, training, education, and development. As the nationwide rehabilitation leader, we operate rehabilitation hospitals, outpatient rehabilitation hospitals, outpatient clinics, and home health and hospice services in 36 states and Puerto Rico.
Join our organization and enjoy:
- Opportunities to make inspiring contributions
- Outstanding compensation
- Medical, dental, vision plans that are customizable to fit your needs
- Flexible spending account for healthcare and dependent care
- Generous time-off plans for eligible employees
- Continuing education: A full complement of continuing-education courses and a wide variety of career development opportunities
- 401(k) plan with match for full-time and part-time employees
The Plant Operations Director is responsible for ensuring that the Encompass Health Rehabilitation Hospital and all related building systems and equipment are installed and maintained in accordance Joint Commission standards and applicable local, state, and federal regulatory requirements. In addition, this position coordinates and conducts the Environment of Care/Safety meetings and may serve as Safety Officer ensuring compliance with all regulatory agency requirements. The Director coordinates and oversees preventive and corrective maintenance programs per the standards in the industry and equipment manufacturers' recommendations.
The Plant Operations Director is responsible for helping create an environment and culture that enables the hospital to fulfill its mission by meeting or exceeding its goals, conveying the hospital mission to all staff, holding staff accountable for performance, motivating staff to improve performance and being responsible for the operation of the department, along with measurement, assessment and continuous improvement of the department's performance. This position will support cultural diversity by ensuring that the delivery of quality, equitable and culturally competent patient-centered care is provided; promoting and maintaining an inclusive work environment and culture that is respectful and accepting of diversity; and ensuring that cultural diversity and sensitivity training is part of new employee orientation on an on-going basis to meet the needs of the patient population served in the hospital.
Encompass Health Rehabilitation Hospital of Shelby County is a brand new state of the art 34 bed inpatient rehabilitation hospital that offers comprehensive inpatient rehabilitation services designed to return patients to leading active and independent lives.
Our hospital provides a wide range of physical rehabilitation services, a vast network of highly skilled, independent private practice physicians and Encompass Health therapists and nurses, and the most innovative equipment and rehabilitation technology, ensuring that all patients have access to the highest quality care.
License or Certification:
- Membership in State or National Healthcare Engineering Association preferred.
- CHFM Preferred.
- Valid Driver's License.
Education, Training and Years of Experience:
- Bachelor's degree and/or 5-7 years of hospital maintenance and/or construction experience in a healthcare setting required.
- Minimum of 5 years supervisory experience with 5 years current experience in plant equipment and systems operation (chiller, steam boilers, hydraulic systems, building controls, electrical, and air handlers) in a health care institution.
- Candidates must have a broad knowledge of TJC, OSHA, EPA, NFPA and other government, state and local regulatory agencies standards.
- Leadership skills to lead a diverse workforce with varying abilities and skills.
Email Your Resume Today and Enjoy Your Career for Years to Come.
Job Type: Full-time