Senior Accountant Job Opening
Axalta Coating Systems• Glen Mills, Pennsylvania
Axalta Coating Systems Ltd. ("Axalta," or the "Company"), is a leading global manufacturer, marketer and distributor of high performance coatings systems. With over a 150-year heritage in the coatings industry, Axalta is known for manufacturing high-quality products with well-recognized brands supported by market-leading technology and customer service.
Over the course of the Company's history, Axalta has remained at the forefront of the industry by continually developing innovative coatings technologies designed to enhance the performance and appearance of customer's products, while improving the customer's productivity and profitability. Axalta's diverse global footprint of 50 manufacturing facilities, four technology centers, 47 customer training centers and more than 14,000 team members allows the Company to meet the needs of customers in over 130 countries. Axalta serves its customer base through an extensive sales force and technical support organization, as well as through approximately 4,000 independent, locally-based distributors. The Company's scale and strong local presence are critical to its success, allowing leverage of the technology portfolio and customer relationships globally while meeting customer demands locally.
Axalta operates its business in two operating segments: Performance Coatings and Transportation Coatings, serving four end markets, including: Refinish, Industrial, Light Vehicle and Commercial Vehicle, across the following four regions: North America, EMEA, Latin America and Asia-Pacific.
For more information please visit our website www.axalta.com or follow us on Twitter @axalta and on LinkedIn.
- Create and improve financial models used to prepare US GAAP accounting adjustments for revenue recognition, lease accounting, and other complex business processes.
- Support the integration of new legal entities or acquisitions into NA accounting process. Improve coordination with local teams and standardize controls and reporting processes.
- Review financial statement movements and prepare fluctuation analyses based on feedback from business and functional contacts.
- Meet S4 Hana implementation project requirements of NA Controllership team. Provide timely intuitive suggestions and actively participate in rollout efforts for areas of responsibility.
- Oversee capital project accounting and capitalization. Ensure internal controls around capital projects are effective.
- Coordinate and review journal entries recorded by the shared service group. Overall, improve journal entry processing to reduce volume, identify root cause issues when errors occur and promote better discipline for manual journal entries.
- Improve documentation of NA internal controls and monitor regional accounting and business controls on an ongoing basis. Develop standard processes and metrics and oversee monthly reporting and analyze results.
- Lead contact with external and internal audit teams to facilitate timely and efficient completion of audits.
- Support NA Controller in the achievement of team goals and process improvement initiatives.
- Be a collaborative and dependable resource for the regional functional leaders and business partners in all accounting matters.
- Takes initiative and recognizes areas for self and team improvement
- Communicates clearly and effectively with all levels of staff and management.
- Documents workpapers with clarity and necessary detail
- Leads projects and builds collaborative relationships
- Demonstrates strong SAP and general system capabilities
- Solves problems using system tools and data
- High attention to detail and accuracy.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- CPA required
- Minimum of four years of experience. A combination of public accounting, audit and accounting close experience preferred.
- Strong internal control mindset with ability to identify and remediate process inefficiencies.
- Strong analytical and data mining ability.
- SAP experience preferred.
- Knowledge of US GAAP accounting principles, practices and standards.