Vice President of Operations Job Opening
Vice President of Operations
National Hospitality Services• Fargo, North Dakota
While National Hospitality Services if located in Fargo, North Dakota, this position can be remote with the expectation of traveling to Fargo for one week a month.
National Hospitality Services LLC, (NHS) is a hotel management company dedicated to serving our guests, partners, owners, and employees an exceptional hotel experience. We accomplish this through a proven process that consistently delivers performance through disciplined Operations, Accounting/Finance and Human Resources. NHS is a Culture of Performance organization, merging mutual respect, love and affection for our guests, clients and employees with a passion for results where underperformance and excuses are not accepted.
The Vice President of Operations is responsible for providing active, hands-on leadership to meet each hotel’s revenue, house profit and guest satisfaction goal. The Vice President of Operations will be expected to be the primary person overseeing the properties both operationally and financially. This person will oversee the Regional Directors and Area Managers and the daily operations of all NHS managed properties.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Operate properties in a lean, efficient and effective manner.
- Maintain continuous lines of communication with the Executive Vice President and NHS leadership team at all times.
- Ensure the Executive Vice President is informed of all critical issues.
- Partner with Human Resources on HR initiatives, programs and employee issues.
- Assist in the development of corporate initiatives by providing specific input as strategies are developed to drive gross revenues and RevPAR.
- Advise the Executive Vice President and other key members of NHS leadership on financial planning budgeting, cash flow and operation policy matters.
- Responsible for assessment of regional performance, working with the Regional Directors, Area Managers and General Managers on strategy implementation, assessment of performance, and redirection as required to maximize Key Performance Indicator (KPI) performance.
- Partner with the Regional Directors and Area Managers in ensuring budget revenue and house profit for all properties is met while maintaining all NHS and brand standards.
- Partner with Human Resources on the selection of all key Operation employees including Regional Directors, General Managers and Director of Sales, etc.
- Improve quality results by constantly monitoring results, studying, evaluating, and re-designing processes, and implementing changes as needed.
- Establish and monitor staff performance and development goals, assign accountabilities, set objectives, establish priorities and conduct annual performance reviews.
- Mentor and develop staff using a supportive and collaborative approach: assign accountabilities; set objectives; establish priorities; and monitor and evaluate results.
- Promote a Culture of Performance throughout all NHS properties.
- Plan, coordinate, and execute the annual budget process.
- Maintain and advance job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks and participating in professional organizations.
- Establish core NHS tools and methods geared at delivering results. Revise existing tools and methods as needed.
- Monitor Regional Directors and Area Managers on a weekly basis to ensure core activities and results are achieved.
- Create and maintain synergies among all properties in all areas including sales, maintenance, financial processes etc.
- Take whatever steps necessary to ensure all hotels meet Key Performance Indicator (KPI) goals.
- Ensure General Managers are communicating with staff regarding current programs and procedures.
Required Skills and Experience
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience in senior management role within the hospitality industry required.
- Proven track record of success facilitating progressive organizational change and development within a growing organization.
- Excellent judgment and creative problem solving skills including negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
- Strong mentoring, coaching experience to a team with diverse levels of expertise.
- Superior management skills; ability to influence and engage direct and indirect reports and peers.
- Self-reliant, good problem solver, results oriented.
- Energetic, flexible, collaborative, and proactive; a team leader who can positively and productively impact both strategic and tactical finance and operational initiatives.
- Exceptional written, oral, interpersonal, and presentation skills and the ability to effectively interface with senior management, investors, peers, staff and guests.
- Ability to operate as an effective tactical and strategic thinker.
- Passion for National Hospitality Services mission and values.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office products to include, but not limited to Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Outlook.
- High level of flexibility regarding overtime during busy periods as required by the business
Job Type: Full-time
- Operations Management: 1 year (Preferred)