Vice President, Associate General Counsel Job Opening
Vice President, Associate General Counsel
Corcentric• McLean, Virginia
Vice President, Associate General Counsel provides oversight and counsel to executive leadership and management throughout the organization on corporate legal matters and is responsible for the ongoing development, oversight and operation of the legal operations at Corcentric, Inc. This role leads in the development and review of contracts, master service agreements, vendor agreements, credit agreements, NDAs, leases, mergers and acquisitions and in other related matters where the company is entering into a legal relationship or understanding with another entity. This role will also assist in Corcentric’s efforts to raise capital through debt, private equity and public markets.
- Oversee the preparation and negotiation of various commercial agreements and contracts, including, but not limited to, master services, licensing, consulting, subcontract, project (e.g., statements of work, change orders, etc.), independent contractor and vendor agreements.
- Coordinate input on a cross-functional basis from operations, supply management, project management, legal, business development and finance to prepare, review and negotiate such agreements.
- Lead and/or coordinate with outside counsel on additional legal activities such as corporate governance and maintenance, employment matters, litigation including mainly contract defense and collections, intellectual property protection and general risk management including assisting in the creation and evolution of policies and procedures, insurance management, etc.
- Maintain the contract database with all relevant documents.
- Prepare regular updates on key metrics through the legal dashboard and track legal pipeline/queue. Manage backlog efficiently to ensure timely and effective turn-around and substantive input to all contracts.
- Ensure that relevant internal audiences have accurate information on the status of all legal matters and contract negotiations on a regular basis.
- Assist in the legal aspects of Corcentric’s collection efforts with customers on an as needed basis.
- Serve as corporate Compliance Officer and perform related duties as necessary. Partner with HR, IT, Compliance and the business teams to ensure corporate compliance with applicable laws, rules, regulations and contractual requirements.
- Manage all corporate insurance requirements and policies including liability, directors and officers, etc. for all entities.
- Manage intellectual property matters including the areas of patents, trademarks, copyrights, licensing, etc. including coordination with outside counsel as necessary.
- Manage all transactions with stockholders of the company including purchases, sales and transfers of shares in compliance with shareholder agreements and respective securities laws.
- Manage corporate business registrations ensuring compliance with applicable laws.
- Coordinate with Vice President, Human Resources and outside employment/labor counsel as needed in the company’s global locations (US, UK, France) on material and strategic HR matters.
- Develop and manage annual legal budget which includes the appropriate use and oversight of outside counsel as required.
- Strategic business thinker.
- Expert interpersonal skills, with the ability to interact productively and collaboratively with personnel at all levels.
- Ability to work under heavy time pressure with a high volume of matters.
- Ability to work independently as well as the ability to work well as part of a team.
- Comfortable and experienced in the Board Room including making presentations on technical legal matters.
- Demonstrated ability to lead a team and/or process from both a strategic and tactical level
- JD and current license to practice law in the state of residence.
- Familiarity with laws in states where Corcentric transacts business.
- 5-7 years of transactional/contracting experience; Licensing/IP, Public Company experience highly valued.
- In house counsel and information technology experience strongly preferred.