Branch Manager Job Opening
Cadence Bank• Tuscaloosa, Alabama
Under general direction, manages operations and maximizes profitability of a full service retail bank branch; positively influences branch profitability by expanding and developing new personal and small business banking relationships. Oversees delivery of consistent high quality customer service, develop customer base, and grow branch portfolio in a cost effective manner. Employees in this classification are responsible for the administration and efficient daily operation of a retail bank branch including operations, sales, customer services and security in accordance with bank objectives, policies, and procedures. This job class requires knowledge of retail banking operations, the ability to manage a full service retail bank branch and assigned staff, and meet or exceed established sales goals.
This position requires S.A.F.E. registration at the time of employment. The Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System (NMLS) web site (mortgage.nationwidelicensingsystem.org) can provide information about the requirements for registration.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manages employees, organizes and directs activities, maximizes branch profitability, provides high level of quality customer service, and has overall daily operational responsibility for the performance of a full service branch.
- Ensures staff compliance with bank regulations, requirements, and procedures; ensures staff follows operational and security policies and procedures.
- Recruits, selects, trains, motivates, and develops assigned staff; completes and conducts performance appraisals; acts as final authority for issue resolution at branch level.
- Performs the function of a sales manager of the branch and coaches the branch staff in the areas of customer service and trains staff in service and sales strategy skills.
- Communicates corporate mission and direction to the branch staff.
- Oversees organization of branch sales, operations and service processes and procedures to maximize customer service; staff productivity, and operational efficiencies.
- Oversees cross-selling efforts of branch operations staff; facilitates staff referrals of bank and investment products and services.
- Develops, assigns, and monitors outside calling and telemarketing sales campaigns for self and staff.
- Solicits customer and small business loan applications; interviews loan applicants; forwards loan applications (or referrals) and support documentation to appropriate channels for credit; recommends the granting of loans on an override basis.
- Achieves and/or exceeds established branch performance and personal production goals; ensures that staff members meet established sales and CRA goals.
- Supports Community Reinvestment Act (CRA) through business development efforts; educates branch staff in CRA requirements including documentation; directs overall CRA efforts for the branch.
- Reviews audits, modifies, and prepares a variety of operational and financial reports and general correspondence within required timeframes.
- Approves customer overdrafts and other transactions in accordance with established authority levels/limits.
- Receives and resolves routine and/or difficult customer issues and inquiries.
- Assesses sales performance and regularly communicates performance results to branch staff.
- Conducts sales staff meetings and addresses/suggests methods to handle performance problems.
- Determines and implements adjustments required to meet or exceed annual goals.
- Assures the branch is delivering quality products and services by reviewing transaction volume, loan document deficiencies, net account growth and frequency of customer complaints.
- Analyzes discrepancies; develops and implements corrective measures.
- Maintains the appearance and maintenance of the branch office. Maintains prescribed security controls to protect the facility against criminal and fraudulent operations and unnecessary risk or exposure.
- Exercises the usual authority of a manager concerning staffing, performance appraisals, salary recommendations, promotions and terminations.
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING
- Three years banking experience
- Experience managing medium size branch
- Management experience with a working knowledge of lending criteria required. Sales/sales management experience in a financial institution environment preferred
Bachelor's degree in business, finance or related field required and/or equivalent work experience
- Strong interpersonal skills required to positively manage and motivate staff development to meet established goals and objectives
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to travel to make sales calls, and to accompany Regional Manage to business association meets as required
- Proficient in computer skills
- LBE or Small Business Loan experience
- NMLS License Required
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned to this work. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities. Cadence Management reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.
Cadence Bank is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.