Senior Accountant Job Opening
Thompson CAT• Birmingham, Alabama
The Senior Accountant will be responsible for preparing and processing general ledger journal entries. The Senior Accountant will perform monthly and annual general ledger account reconciliations and analysis. The Senior Accountant will review and research transactions in the general ledger, as well as prepare quarterly, semi-annual, and annual financial statements and various other reports. The Senior Accountant will also assist management in reviewing work prepared by others as needed.
Working independently, the Senior Accountant must have the ability to perform multiple tasks while producing a high volume of work with accuracy. A sense of urgency and high attention to detail are required for this position. The Senior Accountant will demonstrate initiative, strong organizational skills, dependability, diligence, a commitment to team work, enthusiasm for customer service, and dedication to finding solutions in an efficient manner.
Essential Responsibilities & Expectations
- Prepare and post journal entries
- Prepare monthly and annual general ledger account reconciliations and analysis
- Assist as needed with detail review of general ledger account reconciliations and other workpapers
- Prepare quarterly, semi- annual, and annual financial statements and various other reports
- Answer questions from other employees in all areas of the company related to the financial statements and general ledger activity
- Become proficient in all of the company’s software systems including but not limited to Microsoft Dynamics AX, Targit, and Sharepoint
- Assist with the annual financial statement audit and other requests from the company’s outside accounting firm
- Review monthly financial statements at business unit levels
- Demonstrate an ability to manage multiple tasks and meet recurring deadlines
- Assist with special projects as needed and other tasks as assigned by management
- Three or more years of work experience in a corporate/industry accounting role or public accounting is preferred. Experience and demonstrated skill using personal computers including Microsoft Word and Excel and basic typing skills are required. Must possess or demonstrate the ability to quickly acquire the following required Skills and Competencies.
- High School or Equivalent or better
- Bachelors or better in Accounting
- Written Communication
- Verbal Communication
- Microsoft Office
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.