Risk Management Assistant Job Opening
Risk Management Assistant
Robins & Morton• Birmingham, Alabama
With a partnering approach, Robins & Morton works on healthcare and commercial construction projects of all sizes, creating a collaborative and transparent environment for everyone involved. Our R&M teams work with a self-motivated spirit to ensure an exceptional partnering experience for our clients, design partners, trade partners, and our employees.
We are looking for a candidate with superior interpersonal skills who will provide collaborative support to a department, division or manager(s), ensuring exceptional coordination with trade partners and vendors during the preconstruction process. The candidate will need to have a High School Diploma, GED or High School Equivalence Certificate and would preferably have an Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree. He/she will need to have 3+ years of experience as an administrative assistant, preferably with construction industry experience.
YOUR DAY-TO-DAY: (Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job)
- Assist in trade partner qualification and other risk management activities.
- Assist with trade partner qualification data collection and processing.
- Creation and distribution of correspondence including, but not limited to, memos, emails, letters.
- Handle telephone calls from coworkers and vendors.
- Maintain and coordinate team member’s calendars.
- Printing and distribution of weekly/monthly reports.
- Handle, coordinate and initiate projects as assigned.
- Process and distribute all incoming & outgoing mail.
- Maintain trade partner qualification filing system and scanning/indexing.
- Assist with processing Builders Risk invoices.
- Assist trade partners and vendors with system processes for trade partner qualifications and keep required documents up to date.
- Assist with initiating new project builders risk emails to project teams.
- Scheduling/planning/coordinating meetings.
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TEAM: (Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job)
- Ability to read and speak English.
- Ability to write in a business professional manner.
- Ability to read and interpret construction documents, general business periodicals, technical procedures.
- Ability to organize and present information.
- Superior interpersonal abilities.
- Ability to get along with diverse personalities, tactful, mature, flexible.
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office programs.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, and percentages.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule format.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations.
- Preferably, a Notary Public Commission.
- This position is a Non-Exempt position and is subject to overtime pay.
- This position reports direct to the Pre-Qualification & Subcontractor Insurance Specialist.
- Reports to a professional office environment and occasional travel to jobsites may be necessary.
- This is currently a temporary position, however, this may become a long term position dependent on hire
WHY ROBINS & MORTON:
- Ranked 3rd among top general contractors by Modern Healthcare 2018
- Associated Builders and Contractors 2018 National Excellence in Construction Eagle Award winner
- Ranked 79th by Engineering News-Record 2018 publication of top 400 contractors
- Awarded 2017 Project of the Year in Sychro Software’s Annual Digital Construction Awards
- 100+ various learning & development courses offered annually at 15+ different locations
- Time off when you need it
- Employee events & outings
- Community involvement
- Competitive salary
- Excellent health, dental, life insurance, telemedicine
- Excellent 401K & Profit Sharing Program (8.36% Base Salary deposited in eligible employee accounts for 2018)
- Employee Assistance Program