Assistant General Manager Job Opening
Assistant General Manager
Hyatt• Birmingham, Alabama
ASSISTANT GENERAL MANAGER
Ability is nothing without opportunity. Opportunity Abounds here!
Hyatt Place Birmingham/Inverness
Posted: Jun 3, 2019
As an Assistant General Manager, you will fill a leadership role with an industry-recognized leader in hospitality management services. You will attentively oversee the hotel's personnel as directed and provide support to the General Manager. The responsibilities of the Assistant General Manager are 70% management and 30% assigned duties to ensure hotel consistency in quality of standards, maximizing profits, developing and retaining employees and exceeding guest expectations.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have a minimum of 2 years of experience in a Supervisory or Management Operations position and brand experience is preferred.
- Be incredibly friendly, customer centric, love to smile and radiate a positive and accommodating attitude while interacting with customers. Assigns duties to staff and observes performance to ensure adherence to hotel policies and established operating procedures.
- Maintains accurate records including cash flow sheet, direct bill accounts, credit card receipts, registration and reservation cards.Accounting/Cash Handling to include:
- Maintaining accurate A/R recordsDaily deposits
- Petty Cash
- Tax reconciliation
- Credit card handling – processing, batching, and PCI compliance
- Assists General Manager in annual wage scale surveys; ensures employee wages follow wage and salary guidelines.
- Selects or assists in the selection of hotel staff and completes all new hire paperwork including position and safety training.
- Assists with sales and marketing efforts as directed to include corresponding with group and travel agents to answer special requests for rooms and rates
- Adheres to all franchise and company procedures and regulations as well as standard operating procedures.
- Provides a professional image at all times through appearance and dress.
Note: Other duties as assigned by supervisor or management
Benefits for Full Time Employees
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
- 401K retirement plan
- Short and Long-Term Disability Income*
- Term Life and AD&D Insurance
- Vacation PTO & Holiday/Sick PTO
- Employee Assistance Program
- Specific plans for specific positions
This position is at a location where Hyatt is not the employer. The employer of individuals working at this hotel may be a third-party management company that is responsible for all employment benefits and obligations at this location.