Accountant/Bookeeper Job Opening
Malone's CNC Machining• Miami, Oklahoma
Job Title: Accountant
Job Location: GROVE OKLAHOMA
Reports to: Controller (Directly)/General Manager (Indirectly)
- Accounting/finance experience or bachelor's degree in business related field
- Exceptional communication skills both written and verbal
- Ability to work with sensitive information/data with high level of integrity
- Strong customer service skills
- Analytical mindset for research, decision-making, and problem-solving
- Highly organized and efficient
- Attention to detail
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Highly adaptable self-starter willing to take initiative Preferred Qualifications
- Additional Preferred Skills:
- 3- years of direct experience performing month-end financial statement closings under Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- 1-year experience using an ERP or MRP system
- Intermediate Microsoft excel skills- Pivot tables & V-lookupsJob Responsibilities:
- Manage and record daily bank activities including sweep account and credit line draws
- Processing AP & AR as required/needed
- Prepares daily/weekly bank deposits and monthly bank account reconciliations.
- Properly and accurately assign general ledger account numbers & spend categories to the accounts payable invoices in a timely manner.
- Assist with preparation of monthly journal entries
- Process and maintain purchase order system & invoicing system
- Reconcile and analyze assigned balance sheet accounts to supporting documentation.
- Demonstrate initiative to resolve any outstanding issues in the reconciliations.
- Prepare/submit all required weekly& monthly accounting reports as well as any other reports requested by management on a timely basis
- Assist with month-end close process by preparing and analyzing monthly journal entries and reporting documents.
- Perform other duties, including preparation of special year-end audit and corporate tax requests, auditing AP expense reports, special projects.
- Assists controller with annual audits & budgets
- Maintains fixed assets Schedules
- Administers & reconciles company issues credit cards
- Other duties & responsibilities as needed
- Company Benefits
- Benefits (Employer pays 80% premiums for employee & 60% for dependants)
- Medical (BCBS)
- Vision (VSP)
- Life Insurance (paid for employee for $50k)
- Edward Jones (Roth IRA)
- Flexible Schedules
Job Type: Full-time