Senior Manager, Business Analysis Job Opening
Senior Manager, Business Analysis
Del Monte Fresh Produce Inc.• Coral Gables, Florida
Purpose of Position:
This key, finance position is responsible for providing business analysis to key managers throughout the business. Reporting to the VP, Corporate Finance, this role requires a collaborative cross‐functional effort to drive relevant, flexible and efficient business analysis that supports our key business decisions as they relate to North America Sales & Marketing. A proven self-starter, this candidate ideally has demonstrated experience in a similar role with a global, multi‐site manufacturing company.
- Provide the overall strategic direction of the Reporting and Analysis function in the production and delivery of all standard and ad-hoc reporting updates, presentation materials, market, competition and profitability analysis.
- Accountable to make the final decisions and recommendations to ensure quality, delivery and documentation of all the deliverables.
- Optimize the service delivery of standardized reporting and/or on a monthly/quarterly/yearly and ad-hoc basis.
- Provide detailed feedback, insight and recommendations to the business on its financial performance, focusing on key drivers including profitability models, trends, and analytical needs.
- Manage workload capacity and bandwidth; deploy resources to ensure the quality and timely delivery of services.
- Establish metrics on return of customers, customer lifetime value, and volume lift and/or churn reduction to define and execute action plans Accountable for the profitability models and analysis of benchmarking on a monthly, quarterly, yearly, and ad-hoc basis.
- Partner with Business Process & System Improvement to integrate tools and technologies to produce the reports and analysis.
- Partners with senior leadership (SVPs & VPs) in the business functional areas to provide financial insights, recommendations, and best practices to help the company make effective resource allocation decisions.
- Prepares and communicates certain deliverables to senior management and the Board of Directors relating to the portfolio, guardrails, long-range plan and annual operating plan, linking strategy and intent to financial outcomes and measures of success.
- Researches issues as identified, reports findings, suggests alternative courses of action, and constantly look for process improvements.
- Guides the Sales & Marketing staff through the financial planning and forecasting processes, leveraging the appropriate data elements for markets and for the industry to support the evaluation of strategic options and alternatives.
- Coordinates with other areas of Finance to ensure projected financial outcomes resulting from business plans are properly planned and forecasted.
- Leads the measurement and analysis of key merchandising initiatives to understand root cause and return on investment.
Minimum Skills Required:
- 4 year College Degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or related field, from an accredited institution, and/or equivalent work experience.
- 7+ years of experience in finance or analytical role.
- 2+ years of experience in strategic and financial modeling.
- At least 1 year prior experience with accounting in the agricultural or consumer goods sector.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office programs (i.e. Excel, Word and Outlook, etc.).
- Excellent analytical, interpersonal and communication (i.e. oral and written) skills.
- Ability to multi-task and work independently when necessary.
Preferred But Not Essential:
- Master's degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, or Economics.
- A professional certification (e.g. CPA, CMA).
- Advanced knowledge and technical acumen for the analysis of business results.
- Knowledge of FASB and SEC requirements, Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, and International Financial Reporting Standards.
- Advanced understanding in the design of queries and reports.
- Experience with the design and implementation of financial systems and applications.
- Strong communication, customer service, presentation skills with the proven ability to focus on the details.
- Demonstrated experience in continuous improvement initiatives, root cause analysis, and project management.
***Please note: This position does not qualify for relocation expenses***
DEL MONTE FRESH PRODUCE IS AN EEO/AA/V/H