Business Director, US Card , Financial Well-Being Job Opening
Business Director, US Card , Financial Well-Being
Capital One• McLean, Virginia
At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Business Director, US Card , Financial Well-Being
Our Customer Success team is helping credit card customers by empowering them with intuitive digital products that help them manage their financial lives. Our goal is simple: to help people succeed financially. In the past year alone, we’ve helped millions of customers avoid missed payments and pay down their balances.
As a Business Director on the Customer Success team, you would be responsible for creating, managing, and delivering on a portfolio of Financial Well-Being products. In this role you will team with world-class professionals to develop and test strategies that are both business viable and designed to increase the financial well-being of our Card customers.
This is an opportunity to bring new products to market and help tens of millions of Americans improve their financial health. As these product visions come to life and your portfolio matures, your cross-functional team will grow beyond design research and analyst support to include tech, data science, marketing and other functions as needed. The Financial Resilience Director supports the Customer Success team by:
Creating new products and services designed to further Capital One’s mission of improving financial health for millions of Americans.
Managing cross-functional teams in the discovery, concepting, testing, go-to-market and growth phases of new products and services
Analyzing and interpreting quantitative and qualitative data (internal and external) to determine where to focus product roadmap and strategy
Influencing senior leadership and gaining buy-in for each key phase throughout the product lifecycle
Lead and manage a cross-functional team of analysts, product managers, designers, developers and data scientists to create new, innovative products and services focused on improving financial well-being.
Develop business strategies that will drive sustainable growth, customer satisfaction and competitive success for Capital One in the face of shifting consumer and regulatory demands
Work with a variety of business stakeholders to communicate progress, learnings, and findings in the financial health space
Partner with adjacent teams and colleagues across Capital One, such as IT, Legal, Marketing, Finance and others to launch and maintain successful products
Coach and mentor associates with a goal of developing and retaining top talent at Capital One
Lead product level data modeling and analytics
Deeply understand consumer needs and opportunities to differentiate our products in market.
Build targeted insights to inform the design and development of new customer experiences, as well as breakthrough technology and concepts designed to deliver on new go-to-market strategies
Manage and sequence delivery of business intent, build business requirements and execute against the product strategy.
Oversee multiple projects and programs concurrently
We are looking for a creative and curious leader who shares our passion for solving complex problems and building solutions that have the potential to better the financial lives of millions. As a Director, additionally we seek:
- A proven track record of decision making and problem solving based on analytics. Conceptual thinking skills must be complemented by a strong quantitative orientation, given that a large part of the business is based on rigorous analytic marketing & credit risk management
- Strong business judgment, leadership and integrity: He/she should be a tenacious decision maker, able to bring a healthy, aggressive, yet responsible approach to business
- Solid people leadership experience: Ability to build and leverage the capabilities of a high-performing team, as well as business partners across the enterprise. He/she should foster innovation, drive critical decisions, hold business partners accountable, and be able to consistently deliver results
- Strong executive communication skills: Impeccable written and oral communication credentials, coupled with strategic influencing skills and the ability to drive agreement through intellect, interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Clear results orientation: display an intense focus on achieving both short and long term goals. He/she should be able to drive and execute an agenda in an uncertain and fluid environment
- Successful track record of thriving in a fast paced, entrepreneurial and dynamic environment.
- Start-up or entrepreneurial background is a plus
- Previous consulting experience is a plus
At least 8 years of experience in analysis
At least 8 years of experience in digital software product development
- Master’s Degree
- Published Research in the financial health space
- Extensive Background in conducting Randomized Control Trials
- Mix of Private and Public experience
- Experience working with design and development teams
Capital One will consider sponsoring a new qualified applicant for employment authorization for this position