Part-time Accounting Assistant/Administrative Assistant Job Opening
Part-time Accounting Assistant/Administrative Assistant
Wichita Urology Group• Wichita, Kansas
Assists with organizing and maintaining the financial and accounting systems, including accounts payable, general ledger, accounts receivable, payroll, cash disbursements, financial statements, tax information and internal auditing for multiple entities. Assists with interactions with auditors, lenders and other third party agencies regarding accounting functions. This position handles clerical duties for the Accounting department and CEO as requested. This position is often privy to confidential information and as such, requires diplomacy and discretion.
- Assist with financial accounting functions to ensure timely and accurate reporting of financial information
- Assist administration to develop and implement policies and procedures to ensure compliance with regulatory agencies, develop and approve financial statements (balance sheets, profit/loss statements) and analyzes variances in accounts, ratios, income/expense, as well as investment analysis
- Assist with developing and monitoring the internal audit program to ensure internal financial controls
- Assist with preparing statistical information and reports for management, government and other agencies
- Assist with reconciling financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information
- Assist with maintaining financial security by following internal controls
- Comply with federal, state and local financial legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation, enforcing adherence to requirements and advising management on needed actions
- Assist with preparing special financial reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing account information and trends
- Assume additional responsibilities as needed, with little or no supervision
- Provides assistance to the CEO, Physicians, Advanced Practice Providers (APP) and administrative team by preforming various administrative support functions
- Researches, prioritizes and follows-up on incoming issues and concerns addressed to the CEO, including those of sensitive or confidential nature. Determines the appropriate course of action, referral or response.
- Develop and assist with preparation for presentation materials and briefs
- Creates reports, spreadsheets and graphs
- Manage metrics that drive strategy, accountability, growth and performance
- Completes expense reporting and invoice coding
- Fields various inquiries from internal and external customers
- Schedules and coordinates meetings and appointments for CEO and Board
- Assists with travel arrangements
- Orders and maintains inventory of supplies
- Coordinates special projects
- Attends Board Meetings as required
- Bachelor’s degree, preferred
- Minimum one year of accounting/finance experience
- Previous healthcare experience, preferred
- Proficient with 10-key.
- Detail oriented with strong organizational skills.
- MAS_90 experience, preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Applications including, but not limited to: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook Software.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Skill in appropriate documentation and records maintenance.
- Skill in usage of PC, multi-line phone, copier, fax, and printer.
- Ability to interpret, adapt and apply written guidelines and procedures to standard work practice.
- Ability to speak effectively before individuals and/or groups.
- Able to hear average or normal conversations and receive ordinary information.
- Average, ordinary, visual acuity necessary to prepare or inspect documents or products, or operate machinery.
- Prolonged periods of sitting, standing or walking may be required.
- Office environment
- Contact with Physicians, staff and outside business partners
Job Type: Part-time
- healthcare: 1 year (Preferred)
- Administrative Assistant: 1 year (Preferred)
- Accounting/Finance: 1 year (Preferred)
- Associate (Preferred)
- One location
Hours per week:
Overtime often available: