Property Accountant Job Opening
Roch Capital• Glen Mills, Pennsylvania
The Property and Fixed Asset Accountant will be responsible for maintaining the fixed asset systems and day-to-day activities of assigned operating real estate assets, as well as serve as an accountant in our property management group.
FIXED ASSET FUNCTIONS:
- Record fixed asset acquisitions and dispositions in the accounting system.
- Track the compilation of project costs into fixed asset accounts and close out those accounts once the related projects have been completed.
- Reconcile the balance in the fixed asset subsidiary ledger to the summary-level account in the general ledger.
- Calculate and record depreciation for all fixed assets.
- Prepare and update the detailed schedule of fixed assets and accumulated depreciation for month end close.
- Prepare audit schedules relating to fixed assets and assist the auditors in their inquiries.
- Track company expenditures for fixed assets in comparison to the capital budget.
- Maintain Fixed Assets for GAAP, Federal Tax, State and AMT books.
- Coordinate additions and retirements of Tax Assets with the Tax Department.
- Perform all accounting duties related to real estate holdings.
- Maintain monthly bank and Balance Sheet account reconciliations.
- Monitor budget vs. actual performance to identify issues or errors.
- Liaise with third-party property managers engaged for selected properties.
- Review and analyze monthly financial reports from third-party property managers, and prepare related journal entries.
- Exercise discretion and independent judgment in discharging accounting duties.
- Sound comprehension of GAAP and RE industry specialized accounting.
Education & Work Experience:
- B. A. or B. S. Degree in Accounting from an accredited four-year college or university required.
- Two (2) or more years of related experience required.
- Previous experience in property management accounting required; experience with Yardi software preferred.