Human Resourse Assistant Job Opening
Human Resourse Assistant
LIGHTHOUSE HOME HEALTH CARE• Old Saybrook, Connecticut
— Full-time, Part-time
Category: Accounting Assistant
- Assist with reviewing requests from department heads for new or replacement personnel, fill requests as approved, and arrange interviews, appointments, etc.
- Assist with checking applications and references of prospective employees and arrange for interview with department directors as required or requested.
- Assist in maintaining job applications for personnel eligible to work for agency. (Includes job applications, resumes, reference checks, etc., of those persons meeting the eligibility requirements for the position in which they applied.)
- Maintain confidentiality of all pertinent personnel information in accordance with our established personnel policies governing the release of information.
- Ensure that appropriate documentation concerning the employee's right to work in this country is verified in accordance with current laws, regulations, and guidelines concerning such matters, and that appropriate documentation of such review is filed separate from the employee's personnel file within the specified time frame.
- Ensure hiring/discharge procedures are in compliance with established policies and procedures.
- Conduct reference checks in accordance with established procedures.
- Interpret department policies and procedures to personnel, residents, and visitors, etc., as necessary or required.
- Provide and/or verify requests for employee information (i.e., verification of employment, wages, etc.), in accordance with our established personnel policies governing release of information.
- Assist in standardizing the methods in which work will be accomplished.
- Assist in orienting new personnel and explain personnel policies, procedures, payroll procedures, safety/smoking regulations, grievance procedures, etc., as established in our operational policies and procedures.
- Keep department directors informed of changes in personnel matters.
- Perform administrative requirements such as completing necessary forms, reports, etc., and submitting to the Human Resource Director /Administrator as required.
- Other related duties that may become necessary/appropriate to assure that our facility is in compliance with current laws, regulations, and guidelines concerning the operation of our facility.
- Perform duties relative to the facility’s overall payroll function. Verify work schedules against time cards when necessary.
- Assist employees in obtaining information concerning their payroll check, deductions, overtime, etc., as necessary.
- Communicate with department heads concerning payroll matters.
- Document paid time-off benefits (sick, vacation, personal time, etc.) on the employee’s individual attendance record.
- Code checks with appropriate department number to ensure that salary and wage expenses are distributed to the correct department.
- Ensure all payroll totals are accurate before transmitting to the payroll service.
- Submit summary totals to the accounting department for payroll/tax purposes.
- Submit to department heads/administration statistical information regarding hours worked/paid in each department, tardy reports, etc. on a weekly basis.
- Perform functions of computer/data processor as necessary.
- Maintain confidentiality of all payroll information.
- Other activities as deemed necessary and appropriate to ensure that all payroll functions are maintained in an efficient manner.
- Assist in the recruitment, selection and training of competent personnel.
- Assist in hiring personnel in accordance with established hiring practices.
- Arrange for post-offer employment tests, drug screen, physicals, PPDs, etc., as outlined in our personnel policy manual.
- Assist in processing all newly hired personnel and all change of status data.
- Ensure that nurse aide data is verified with the Nurse Aide Registry on a timely basis.
- Orient new personnel to health, life & disability insurance packages that are available through the facility and provide enrollment packets and payroll deduction amounts, if applicable.
- Maintain signed waivers from eligible employees who elect not to participate in the insurance programs.
- Submit enrollment/change applications to the appropriate insurance company in a timely manner.
- Audit all group insurance bills on a monthly basis to ensure appropriate changes have been made. Submit insurance figures to accounts payable department for payment.
- Ensure that payroll deductions, inclusive of limits, are updated on the computer whenever additions/changes in insurance coverage occur.
- Send COBRA information to employees who are no longer eligible to participate in the health insurance programs.
- Document all COBRA payments received and submit to the accounts receivable department for deposit.
- Review all Supervisor Accident/Incident Investigation reports. Ensure that all injured employees requiring medical treatment are sent to the appropriate facility for an initial medical evaluation.
- Notify worker’s compensation carrier of all employee accident/incidents. Monitor worker's compensation claims and coordinate work between employees and the insurance carrier.
- Maintain current and accurate OSHA log. Post OSHA log during required time span.
- Submit accident/incident reports to the Safety Committee for review on a monthly basis.
- Monitor all leave of absence requests (personal, medical, & Family and Medical Leave) and ensure that the appropriate paperwork is completed.
- In the absence of the Human Resource Director, counsel/discipline personnel as requested or as necessary, documenting and coordinating such actions with the Department Director.
- Assist in maintaining attendance records and records of counseling, warning, and other disciplinary action taken against employees.
- Conduct exit interviews, and record data in the personnel records.
- Assist as a backup to the facility’s overall payroll function.
- Maintain a good employee relations program that serves the best interest of the facility and community alike.
- Create and maintain an atmosphere of warmth, personal interest, and positive emphasis, as well as a calm environment throughout the facility.
- Attend and participate in workshops, seminars, etc., to keep abreast of current changes in personnel matters, as well as to maintain a professional status.
- Ensure that appropriate training records are maintained for staff personnel.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
- payroll: 1 year (Preferred)
- Human Resources: 1 year (Preferred)
- United States (Required)
- Paid time off
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts such as HSAs or FSAs
- Other types of insurance
- Retirement benefits or accounts
- Commuting/travel assistance
- Flexible schedules
- Workplace perks such as food/coffee and flexible work schedules
Hours per week:
Overtime often available: