Systems Analyst II Job Opening
Systems Analyst II
The University of Mississippi• University, Mississippi
This position analyzes, designs, implements and coordinates the development, selection, and installation of new computerized software, hardware, and communication systems; and assists in providing computer design and support for the particular office or offices that the current project is being designed. The incumbent provides computer design and applications development expertise for the existing project.
- Works in data center management and serves as a systems administrator for Windows Server 2012/2016 Servers
- Writes and updates Power Shell scripts and Scheduled Tasks.
- Performs problem analysis and specification studies to determine the benefits and costs of installation or conversion to computerized systems.
- Designs and implements computerized systems that address the identified problems.
- Insures that the proposed system has conceptual integrity, clear interface definition, modularity and clarity.
- Investigates, recommends, installs and supports software and hardware computer products with regard to their suitability for addressing computer needs.
- Develops appropriate documentation and specifications to support the requirements of the computerized systems.
- Configures enterprise applications to meet the needs of campus users. Confers with users to determine needs, processes, and project requirements.
- Conducts in-house training programs for staff development and user training sessions. Develops user manual and documentation for designed systems.
- Documentation of IT policies, procedures, and work instructions specific to data management and data security protocols involving use of sensitive data.
- Builds database on server/workstations. Performance tunes database for optimum use. Establishes queries and views for database access.
- Serve as administrator for Remote Desktop Services, and File and Storage Services on Windows Server 2012/2016.
- Maintains software application and updates backup processes.
- Creates/edits/tests firewall rules on Symantec End Point Protection.
- May instruct and supervise the assignments of the Systems Analyst I.
- Reads professional journals, participates in classes and workshops, networks with peers, and accesses knowledge bases to keep up with current software application development techniques and methodologies.
- Acts as a liaison to academic and non-academic departments.
- Performs similar or related duties as assigned or required.
These essential functions include, but are not limited to, the following. Additional essential functions may be identified and included by the hiring department.
- Analyzes, designs, and coordinates the development, selection and installation of new computerized software, hardware and communications systems.
- Provides technical direction, conducts in-house training programs, develops user manuals and documentation, and conducts user-training sessions.
- Defines and maintains users, applications and devices on the network.
- Installs network software and related upgrades, maintain applications and trains users for application use.
- Establishes database design based on data relationships, builds database on server/workstations and performance tunes database for optimum use.
Bachelor's Degree from an accredited four-year college or university in management information systems, computer science or a related field.
Two (2) years of experience related to the above described duties.
Related experience may be substituted for education, on a basis set forth and approved by the Department of Human Resources.