Production Program Director Job Opening
Production Program Director
Millennium Engineering and Integration Company• Huntsville, Alabama
Make a Real Difference - New technologies are rapidly changing our world. At Millennium, we are at the forefront of new technologies, helping employ them in our systems; and defend against those in the hands of our adversaries.
The technical capabilities to operate effective weapon systems in the hypersonic flight regime are here today and present a wealth of opportunities and challenges. With our Production Program Director position, you will lead a professional team of highly-qualified scientists, engineers, analysts and technicians focusing on producing an advanced hypersonics weapon to maintain national superiority in space and near-space environments.
Millennium is a great place to work – Millennium is a small business providing cutting-edge technical support to the defense, space and related industries. We have an outstanding benefits and compensation package. Our most valuable commodity is our people; and we treat our employees in ways that reflect that value. Because we are at the forefront of technology, you will have plenty of opportunity to grow, both in your field of expertise and in your responsibilities. The very best people come to Millennium and stay with us.
Your work environment – Millennium production engineers work in one of two places, both in Huntsville, Alabama, the “Rocket City”: our corporate office in Cummings Research Park, the world’s second largest technology research park, and very close to the experiential multi-use “Mid City Huntsville” community; or on Redstone Arsenal at the Von Braun Center. This government facility is a modern, multi-building complex with fantastic amenities, including a full-service cafeteria, food trucks, shops/vendors, and a free fitness center that offers free classes for activities like spin, yoga, and aerobics.
You’ll collaborate with other weapons development and missile defense experts in your program – military, government civilians, and contractors; and help the Government manage the production and delivery of state-of-the art weapons, booster, communications, and launcher systems. This position will spend significant time overseeing engineering, manufacturing, test, logistics, and sustainment of advanced weapons systems. You will also provide advice and guidance on acquisition strategies to implement weapons variants to meet multiple stakeholder requirements (US Army, US Air Force, US Navy, DARPA, MDA).
What are your specific duties? The Production Program Director will oversee various cross functional teams that analyze data, verify and validate system interfaces, and support production, test planning and program execution. The position will provide oversight of overall program performance from the initial point design and prototyping, through production, qualification, delivery, fielding, and sustainment. The position will help the Government establish program plans and milestones and monitor adherence to program master plans and schedules, and serve as the primary customer contact for program reviews to discuss cost, schedule, and technical performance.
What knowledge and skills will help you be a successful Production Program Director?
- The successful candidate will provide daily coordination of the production engineering, operations, and supply at multiple contractor/subcontractor geographical locations.
- Close coordination with Program subcontracts, finance and security management will be routine across all sites.
- Duties include production planning, obsolescence redesign, risk assessment, manufacturing oversight, quality control, operational test and evaluation (OT&E), verification and validation (V&V), and transition to fielding.
- The Production Program Director will be expected to function in a dynamic, aggressively scheduled business environment that requires efficient and effective decision making based upon customer needs and available funding.
Are there other qualifications?
- BS in related Engineering or related technical field. Master’s Degree preferred.
- A minimum of 10 years of production engineering experience with a track record of successful technical, cost and schedule execution performance management of a complex program or programs with a multi-disciplined engineering team.
- A thorough knowledge of financial/business analysis, government contracts/acquisition experience with business budget/execution; FAR/DFAR regulations and program acquisition
- Demonstrated experience with earned value and program management tools and processes, and developing Integrated Master Schedules and Integrated Master Plans
- Strong business acumen, including contract/subcontract negotiation and conflict management skills
- Active Secret clearance, or higher. Top Secret clearance preferred.
Position is contingent upon contract award.
Millennium offers a comprehensive benefits package. Millennium is An Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. Millennium does not discriminate on any basis prohibited by applicable law including race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, citizenship status, or Vietnam era or special disabled veteran's status in recruitment, employment, promotion, compensation, benefits, or training. It is also Millennium's policy to maintain a work environment free from discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation.
Millennium participates in the E-Verify program.
Job Req: 2402