Universal Banker Job Opening
FirstBank• Florence, Alabama
The Universal Banker delivers FirstBank service excellence through accurate and efficient transaction processing, uncovering and meeting customer needs, and successfully selling bank products and services via the Bank’s needs discovery process. Universal Bankers regularly apply policies and best practices based on FirstBank and financial industry knowledge, supporting the Financial Center with an advanced level of bank product knowledge and mentoring other branch Associates as needed.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: To perform this job, an individual must perform each essential function satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation.
- Identify customer needs and provide appropriate guidance and perspective when recommending and explaining bank products and services, using established guidelines, brand model and service standards; make referrals to the appropriate Bank partners as customer needs dictate.
- Support both Financial Center Manager and Relationship Manager operations performing Teller Manager, Financial Service Representative and/or Relationship Manager Associate duties as needed.
- Service and maintain loan portfolios, including but not limited to processing new loan requests, modifying existing loans, coordinating and underwriting loans, and clearing exceptions as needed.
- Build relationships with community businesses and consumer clients, achieving personal and branch targets and goals for new accounts.
- May support Financial Center Manager in day-to-day operations of branch.
- Represent the Bank at community activities and outside sales opportunities.
- Model consistent, distinctive service to all customers when delivering the FirstBank service experience.
- Practice and foster safe and sound bank procedures, including adherence to applicable laws and regulations, internal controls, operational procedures, and risk management policies; adhere to security protocols.
- Regular and reliable attendance.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Position serves both internal co-workers and external customers.
Access to and/or work with sensitive and/or confidential information.
Exhibit a working understanding of banking industry regulatory compliance including FirstBank- specific policies and procedures, applying knowledge and best practices as appropriate.SUPERVISORY SKILLS:
May lead the work of others who perform essentially the same work. May set priorities, schedule and review work, but have no responsibility to hire, terminate, review performance and/or make pay decisions.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required.
Education: High school diploma or the equivalent required
Experience: Minimum of three years, with specific bank experience required
Certifications and Licenses: National Mortgage Lending Service (NMLS) certification, Credit Life Insurance License, and Notary preferredSkills and Abilities:
Business Mathematical Skills - Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Ability to compute rates, ratios and percentages and to draw and interpret graphs.
Moderate Computer Skills – Frequent use of electronic mail, word processing, data entry, spreadsheets, graphics, etc. Ability to create, maintain and incorporate simple functions into documents, spreadsheets, databases and presentations to support business objectives.
Moderate Communication – Regularly use moderately complex oral and written skills. May train others in functional areas, interact with others, and make presentations to department or middle management.
Moderate Independent Judgment - Results are defined; set personal goals and determine how to achieve results with few or no guidelines to follow; supervisor/manager provides broad guidance and overall direction.
Varied Business Problems - Problems are varied and complex, requiring analysis or interpretation of the situation. Problems are solved using knowledge and skills, general precedents and practices; may collaborate with other operating areas.
Location-Specific Impact - Decisions impact the management and operations within a location. May contribute to business and operational decisions that affect the location.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL DEMANDS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job responsibilities.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit for extended periods of time; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, bend, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift, push, pull and/or move up to 20 pounds. Repetitive motion of upper body required for extended use of computer. Required specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS:
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that an employee may encounter while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job responsibilities.
Work in well-lit, ventilated and climate-controlled retail branch banking environment with routine office equipment; some equipment has moving mechanical parts.
Noise level in the work environment is moderate and typical for a retail banking environment.
Minimum overnight travel (up to 10%) by land and/or air.