Staff Accountant Job Opening
PTC OF TENNESSEE• West Memphis, Arkansas
Peterbilt Truck Centers is searching for a qualified staff accountant to support the overall accounting and finance functions of the business. PTC is a full-service Peterbilt dealership group, with locations in Tennessee, Mississippi, Arkansas and Louisiana. Please see below for the position responsibilities and requirements.
Job Summary: Accurately and completely reflect the financial status of the business in monthly financial results. Supports various aspects of the financial cycle including, but not limited to assisting in various accounting and reporting requirements, and monitoring various metrics of the business to aide in daily operational decisions. This position also requires general accounting responsibilities, including journal entries, account reconciliations, and accruals.
- Assist CFO with managing the monthly close, preparation of monthly reporting, as well as any other ad hoc reporting
- Oversees various balance sheet reconciliations
- Compiles and analyzes financial information to prepare general ledger account entries
- Assists with preparation / compilation of monthly financial statement package – accurately, timely, and in accordance with closing schedule and reporting due dates
- Assist with managing other accounting programs such as travel and expense programs
- Analyzes financial information surrounding balance sheet, income statement to summarize and interpret current and projected company financial position for management
- Assists with implementation of accounting systems and accounting control procedures
- Monitors compliance with generally accepted accounting principles and company procedures
- Reviews, investigates, and corrects errors and inconsistencies in financial entries, documents, and reports
- Assists with financial and tax audits
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Accounting of Finance is required
- 3-5 years of related experience, including experience with processing monthly internal financial statements and related balance sheet reconciliations
- Previous experience within a dealership environment is strongly preferred.
- Experience with GAAP accounting principles and procedures
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, as well as a sense of diligence and detail orientation
- Knowledge of accounting software and excellent MS Excel skills are required