Assistant Business Office Manager Job Opening
Assistant Business Office Manager
Westhaven Nursing & Rehabilitation• Stillwater, Oklahoma
Purpose of this position
The purpose of this position is to organize and maintain all Employee records related to payroll in an effective, efficient, financially sound manner and to ensure compliance and consistency within facility and corporate guidelines. To assist with implementation and maintenance of financial systems in compliance with Federal, State and local requirements. Must be committed to person-centered care by embracing and following the facility’s goal of person-centered care by demonstrating and being supportive of individual resident choice and controlled resident-preferred routines in all aspect of daily living.
- Associate’s degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school or one or more years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 2-3 years of Payroll experience required.
- Solid understanding of payroll and payroll tax laws is also a must.
- Proficiency in Word and Excel
- Clear written and verbal communications.
- Good time management skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Work well in a team environment.
- Able to maintain confidential information
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English.
- Organizational Skills
- Meet Daily, Weekly, and Monthly deadlines
Delegation of authority
Authority is delegated to the individual in this position to:
- Implement and maintain systems to collect and document accurate, complete Employee payroll data.
- Implement and maintain systems to assure prompt, accurate processing of Employee payroll information.
- Implement and maintain systems to assure confidentiality of payroll information.
- Implement monitoring systems to assure compliance with Federal, State and local requirements for all Employee records.
- Implement systems to process, organize, Employee files and maintain payroll information in a financially sound manner.
This position reports to: Business Office Manager
The primary functions and responsibilities of this position are as follows:
(You will be evaluated on your ability to perform these functions competently with minimal supervision and/or reminders.)
Additional duties may be added as necessary to meet the needs of the facility.
1. Ensure all residents are treated with dignity and respect and are protected from verbal or physical abuse.
2. Demonstrates an understanding of compliance and ethics program policies and procedures.
3. Completes all mandatory compliance and HIPAA/HITECH timely.
4. Comply with Employee Standards and Code of Ethical conduct.
5. Comply with established standards, policies and procedures regarding compliance with applicable laws.
6. Maintains appropriate degree of confidentiality.
7. Work cooperatively with facility staff.
8. Requisition adequate supplies and equipment for use in business office.
9. Responsible for answering facility phone.
10. Responsible for WOTC Program.
11. Responsible for reconciling and accurately reporting daily labor hours.
12. Calculate and record earnings and deductions.
13. Worker’s Compensation Knowledge
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $28,000.00 to $31,000.00 /year
- Time Management: 1 year (Required)
- Human Resource: 1 year (Required)
- Payroll/Paycom: 2 years (Required)
- Administrative Duties: 1 year (Required)
- Associate (Preferred)
- United States (Required)
- Paid time off
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts such as HSAs or FSAs
- Education assistance or tuition reimbursement