Tax Auditor 1 Job Opening
Tax Auditor 1
State of Idaho• Boise, Idaho
The Idaho State Tax Commission is recruiting for full-time Tax Auditor 1 in the Tax Discovery unit at its office on Chinden Blvd in Boise.
Tax Discovery is a fast-paced, high volume unit involve in finding and assisting taxpayers in complying with tax laws.
As a Tax Auditor 1, you will be performing work that is analytical, evaluative and advisory in nature. Use your knowledge of the fundamental theories, principles and terminology of accountancy (GAAP). Whether your knowledge is gained in college accounting coursework and/or through experience at the accountant level or equivalent, you will use your expertise to prepare, analyze and/or audit a variety of financial records, accounting systems, work papers, budgets, tax and payroll records and other related documents. These positions prepare reports of findings, conclusions or recommendations. Customer service is key!
- Review accounting systems, financial statements, work papers, tax and payroll records and other related documents.
- Research and analyze data for accuracy to ensure compliance with State tax laws and regulations.
- Prepare audit findings and summaries.
- Identify legal issues and apply appropriate statute, rules and legal precedents.
- Participate in team audits.
Good knowledge of accounting principles and practices*
All candidates being considered for employment with the Tax Commission must successfully complete a comprehensive background check, including fingerprinting, before a final job offer will be given. Individuals must be a current tax filer and be in full compliance with their tax obligations to be an employee of the Idaho State Tax Commission.
If you previously applied for a Tax Auditor 1 position and wish to be considered for this position, you must re-apply under this announcement. Previous scores will not be used. All qualified individuals interested in this position are encouraged to apply.
- Students who are currently in their last semester of college earning a Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or in Business with accounting emphasis are encouraged to apply and are eligible to be placed on the hiring list. A hiring decision will be made after graduation.
There is an exam to determine your eligibility. Enter your responses to the questions in the space provided in the examination. You must have the minimum level of experience or education described for each question addressing a minimum requirement to qualify for this position. Scoring will be based on the information you provide. It is important that the information you provide clearly supports your responses.Your resume will be used to validate your responses.
Veteran's preference is given to qualified candidates
The Idaho State Tax Commission is an Equal Opportunity Employer