Guest Service Representative Job Opening
Guest Service Representative
TownePlace Suites By Marriott Sierra Vista AZ• Sierra Vista, Arizona
- Greets, registers, and assigns rooms to guests * Handles confidential information, including guest records, with a high degree of integrity
- Promptly and effectively deals with guest requests and complaints
- Answers and routes calls as appropriate; takes guest messages with accuracy
- Responsible for cash drawer contents and transactions during shift
- Maintains accurate records including cash flows, registration cards, reservation cards, and property walks
- Answers inquires pertaining to hotel services; registration of guests; and travel directions
- Assists with sales and marketing efforts as directed by the General Manager
- Offers and properly handles requests for wake-up calls
- Records pertinent guest information in the pass on log
- Follows hotel’s property specific Night Auditor checklist
- Ensures hotel safety and security by making sure front doors are locked and secure at the appropriate hour as well as swimming pool area gates
- Runs end of day night audit reports in hotel’s PMS system
- Sends in required reports to corporate office
- Leaves copies of required reports in General Manager’s box
- Delivers express check-out receipts
- Sets up breakfast bar in the morning according to brand standards and under direction from General Manager
- Makes sure front desk, lobby and common areas are clean and organized
- Performs laundry functions as directed
- All other duties as assigned
Responsibilities and Duties
Report to work on time, be flexible to possible schedule changes due to heavy occupancy
Provide Superior Service by greeting and helping guests with a positive attitude and smile
Register and assign guests to rooms according to guest preferences and availability
Promptly, effectively and efficiently handle guest requests and complaints according to Marriott Standards
Answer and route phone calls appropriately, take detailed messages as necessary
Be Responsible for cash drawer and market contents during assigned shifts
Ensure safety and security of guests and staff
Follow daily, weekly and monthly checklists
Perform Laundry functions as directed
Perform any other assignments given by manager on duty
Qualifications and Skills
Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner;
Customer Service - Responds promptly to customer needs; Responds to requests for service and assistance;
Team Work - Contributes to building a positive team spirit.
Diversity - Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; Promotes a harassment-free environment.
Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures including but not limited to, dress code policies
Adaptability - Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time.
Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
Initiative - Asks for and offers help when needed.
Planning/Organizing – Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently.
Professionalism - Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position.
Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
Quantity - Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner.
Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: $11.50 to $12.50 /hour
- hotel: 1 year (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Sierra Vista, AZ (Preferred)
- United States (Preferred)
- Morning (Required)
- Mid-Day (Required)
- Evening (Required)
- Graveyard (Required)
- One location
Hours per week: