CFO Chief Financial Officer Acute Psych Hospital River Place Job Opening
CFO Chief Financial Officer Acute Psych Hospital River Place
River Place Behavioral Health Hospital• Laplace, Louisiana
Looking to make a difference? River Place is searching for an energetic and enthusiastic Chief Financial Officer to run our Acute Psych Hospital.
How We Help
Located in LaPlace, Louisiana, River Place Behavioral Health provides state-of-the-art psychiatric care for adults who are struggling with depression, anxiety, bipolar disorder, and other mental health concerns
Improving the lives we touch is our number one goal at River Place. As our CFO, you will have the opportunity to truly drive change by building working relationships with care professionals and physicians to guarantee patient satisfaction. At Acadia, you are not just another bean counter, you are seen as a strategic partner to the CEO and work as a team to optimize operational efficiency across multiple departments. If you are looking for a chance to lead, grow, and change lives, you’re in the right place.
- Ensures that monthly financial statements are completed timely and accurately
- Ensures that all balance sheet accounts are reconciled on a monthly basis and in compliance with company policies and standards and that any outstanding variances are identified and corrected timely.
- Prepares corporate required reports (including the Monthly Operating Report, Monthly Certifications, Corporate Disclosures, Forecasts) timely and accurately.
- Directs the operations of the Revenue Cycle to ensure that accounts receivable are collected timely and uncompensated care is kept to a minimum. Strives to achieve goals for cash collections and AR days and to reduce bad debt and denials. Routinely reviews revenue cycle metrics to proactively identify and address issues affecting overall performance
- Is actively involved in ensuring Front End Revenue Cycle processes are in place including ensuring the insurance verification is completed on 100% of patients, working with the Financial Counselor to ensure proper determination of patient portions and approval of any discounts or charity and proper logging of upfront collections.
- Supervises Accounting, Patient Accounting, Health Information Management, Materials Management and other departments assigned by the CEO. These departments may include but are not limited to, Health Information Management, Materials Management, and Human Resources. Ensures the department is adequately staffed and trained.
- Prepares annual capital budgets and Capital Equipment Requests. Ensures assets and related depreciation is recorded accurately and in compliance with company policies
- Provides financial leadership and guidance to facility managers. Trains managers on financial matters and provides routine feedback regarding department performance
Going the Extra Mile for Our Patients
- Regularly makes rounds and interacts with patients to ensure patient satisfaction ** This is a must for this role**
- Maintains a current knowledge of healthcare industry trends and changes and ensures the facility is prepared and compliant.
- Works as a partner with the CEO and ensures that there is an open line of communication and positive interaction
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or business related field with a major in Accounting.
- Minimum 4 years successful CFO/Controller or related experience in an Acute Psych healthcare setting required** This is a big one!***
- Previous Behavioral healthcare experience highly preferred.
- CPA or Master’s degree a plus
- Experience working with information technology and proficiency with software packages including Excel and Word.
- Demonstrated leadership ability.
- Ability to lead with a high degree of emotional intelligence and ethics. **This is a big one too**
What We Truly Value
- Passion for helping others
- Positive "Can Do" attitude
- Pride in the quality of your work
- Inclusive Leadership style
- Honesty and integrity
What We Provide to You: Benefits!!
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Holidays
- 401K and 401K match
- Medical, Vision and Dental insurance
- Personal days and sick time.
Job Type: Full-time
- Accounting: 5 years (Required)
- CFO/Controller Behavioral Health Hospital: 3 years (Required)
- Standalone Acute Psych Hospital Finance: 3 years (Required)
- Bachelor's (Required)
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts such as HSAs or FSAs
- Retirement benefits or accounts
- Commuting/travel assistance
- Employee discounts