Variance Analyst Job Opening
Brink's Incorporated• Oakland, California
The Variance Analyst will investigate reconciliation discrepancies to reduce claim settlements and increase customer satisfaction. The investigation process will involve the interviewing of appropriate parities to determine cause of incident. This role will be responsible for ensuring that business operating procedures are followed and work with branch management to identify improvements. This position functions in an armed environment.
- Manage daily variance tracking/reporting and investigate all discrepancies within 24 hours.
- Notify Risk Management and Field Leadership of discrepancies immediately.
- Interview appropriate parties to determine cause of discrepancies
- Review all settlement forms daily.
- Reduce claims filed in MS Dynamics by conducting investigations/interviews for all discrepancies and bring them to resolution within 48 hours.
- Partner with Customer Care to investigate claims filed in MS Dynamics to accurately close the claim in a timely manner.
- Conduct audits to ensure ATM Business Rules and SOAP are followed and adhered to by the branch.
- Provide management with feedback as to any reconciliation, servicing or systems issues.
- Document all investigations, interviews and resolutions.
- Responsible for identifying causes for variances and partnering with HR to recommending corrective action interventions if necessary
- Promptly respond to customers regarding discrepancies; communicate issues and provide resolution.
- Run monthly and quarterly reports for district and branch leadership
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Minimum 3 years of ATM industry experience (e.g. servicing, residual balancing or network settlement)
- Minimum of 3 years of investigating/resolving claims differences
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in a finance role
- Minimum of 2 years of experience working with Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word and PowerPoint)
- Knowledge of ATM reconciliation procedures
- Demonstrated computer literacy with proficiency in Access DB, BAMS, iCash
- Strong consultative, analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal/communication and presentation skills
- Ability to prioritize to effectively handle multiple projects, tasks and opportunities simultaneously
- Ability to initiate and drive work autonomously and to collaborate across teams to encourage actionable consensus
- Detail oriented, strong organizational skills and ability to work independently
- Sense of urgency and ability to multi-task
- Demonstrates a high standard of work product knowledge
If you have the background and integrity we require and are looking for a challenging opportunity, we hope you will consider employment with Brink’s U.S. We provide eligible employees medical, dental, vision and life insurance plans. In addition, we offer profit sharing opportunities and a 401(k) program with company match. If you are interested and meet the requirements for this position, please apply.
Brink’s, Incorporated is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer, and is committed to maintaining a drug-free workplace.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.