Book Keeper Job Opening
Mr. Handyman of Huntsville• Huntsville, Alabama
Position: Book Keeper
For over 20 years, we've consistently hired reliable, customer service-focused employees who are both knowledgeable and skilled. They are experienced in many areas of handyman repair and they know the value of building relationships with our clients. Our team of qualified experts live our code of values of Respect, Integrity, and Customer Focus while having fun in the process!
Job description: Mr. Handyman is a fast pace construction company that works on small to medium size project for commercial and residential clients. Mr. Handyman is looking for a well-organized individual that can handle the responsibilities for maintaining the financial records of a company by accurately recording the day to day financial transactions of the company, along with providing customer service support when needed.
- Tag and monitor fixed assets
- Pay supplier invoices in a timely manner
- Pay any debt as it comes due for payment
- Monitor debt levels and compliance
- Ensure that receivables are collected promptly
- Record cash receipts and make bank deposits
- Conduct a monthly reconciliation of every bank account
- Conduct periodic reconciliations of all accounts to ensure their accuracy
- Issue financial statements
- Provide information to the external accountant who creates the company’s financial statements
- Assemble information for external auditors for the annual audit
- Calculate and issue financial analysis of the financial statements
- Maintain an orderly accounting filing system
- Maintain the chart of accounts
- Maintain the annual budget
- Calculate variances from the budget and report significant issues to management
- Comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements
- Provide clerical and administrative support to management as requested
- Receive incoming calls in a professional and courteous manner.
- Return customer calls, respond to customer complaints and resolve issues.
- Schedule services and dispatch technicians
- Perform marketing functions to sell additional work and earn business
- HR documentation including employee handbook, government regulations and insurance.
- Keep management updated and informed
- Manage invoicing, budgets, payroll, account receivables and account payables.
- Maintain all vehicle records
- Review and analyze company reports, including summarizing information and identifying trends.
- Mange invoicing, budgets, payroll, account receivables, and account payables.
Duties include, (but not limited to):
- Answer phone and schedule appointments
- Check email and voice mail for messages and return calls
- Review schedule for day/week
- Communicate and review jobs with service technicians
- Make appointment confirmation calls
- Make follow-up calls
- Data entry with 45 wpm typing skills
- We use Microsoft Office, so a working knowledge of Word and Excel is a requirement
- Return customer calls, respond to customer complaints, and resolve issues.
- BS or BA degree (or equivalent experience)
- Minimum 10 years of previous experience in customer service.
- Bookkeeping/Accounting Experience
- Previous dispatching and construction experience a plus
- Must have experience with QuickBooks Online
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office, Excel, and relationship management software.