Network Analyst II Job Opening
Network Analyst II
The University of Mississippi• University, Mississippi
Definition of Class
This position assists in the design, installation, upgrade, and support of the Campus Enterprise Backbone Network and the Network Management. This position reviews network logs to check for hardware or software abnormalities, creates and maintains advanced network software, hardware, and security concepts, researches and remains current with network security tools and technologies. This position will serve as the senior networking staff member in the absence of the Networking Manager.
Examples of Work Performed
- Monitors, updates and maintains router ACL’s for network performance and security.
- Monitors, diagnoses, and updates policies for enterprise network packet shaping.
- Creates and maintains advanced network software, hardware, and security concepts.
- Reviews network logs to check for hardware or software abnormalities.
- Researches and remains current with network security tools and technologies.
- Manages and maintains enterprise DNS services, wireless networking services, and enterprise networking authentication schemes.
- Installs, upgrades, and supports network hardware and software needed to manage the campus enterprise backbone network.
- Installs, upgrades, and supports the campus enterprise wireless network.
- Implements, upgrades, and monitor the campus virtual private networking services.
- Works with Systems Administrators to resolve system-networking issues.
- Works with Help Desk personnel to resolve end user networking issues.
- Manages, upgrades, and supports the campus network domain name services.
- Manages, upgrades and supports the campus network dynamic host name configuration services.
- Captures, compiles, and provides network performance data.
- Performs similar or related duties as assigned or required.
These essential functions include, but are not limited to, the following. Additional essential functions may be identified and included by the hiring department.
- Installs, upgrades, and supports campus enterprise network backbone hardware and software.
- Implements and maintains packet shaping policies and ACL lists.
- Works with Systems Administrators and Help Desk personnel to resolve networking issues.
- Updates and maintains campus enterprise DNS and DHCP services.
- Serves as the senior networking staff member in the absence of the network manager.
Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited four-year college or university.
Three (3) years of experience related to the above described duties.
Related experience may be substituted for education, on a basis set forth and approved by the Department of Human Resources.
To learn more about our pay structure and view our salary ranges, click here to visit the Compensation page of our Human Resources website. This link is provided for general pay information. Hourly rate or salary may vary depending on qualifications, experience, and departmental budget. Note: Unclassified positions (faculty, executives, researchers and coaches) do not have established salary ranges.
The University of Mississippi complies with all applicable laws regarding equal opportunity and affirmative action and does not unlawfully discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or genetic information.
Background Check Statement