Accounts Receivable Specialist Job Opening
Accounts Receivable Specialist
Summer Classics• Pelham, Alabama
The Accounts Receivable Specialist is responsible for processing, tracking, and resolving current and outstanding payment issues and generating weekly aging reports in a timely manner.
Essential Job Duties
- Makes daily collection calls.
- Conducts account research and analysis.
- Prepares and maintains various accounting and finance reports.
- Maintains an accurate aging report.
- Identifies and executes the necessary process adjustments.
- Sends statements to outstanding customers.
- Reconciles accounts receivable to the general ledger.
- Interacts with customers to resolve outstanding issues.
- Processes customer payments in a timely manner.
Additional Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Assists with any other duties or projects as assigned by the Controller and/or Chief Financial Officer.
Expected Hours of Work
- Core hours are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (with some overtime expected).
- Support Sales with the timely handling of credit approvals and resolution of credit issues.
- Provide excellent internal and external customer service.
- Collect funds with urgency - meeting Days Sales Outstanding (DSO) targets.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- High school diploma or equivalent required; college degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration preferred;
- One or more years of Accounting/Finance experience preferably in accounts receivable; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of accounting standards and practices;
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills required;
- Highly-organized, detail and goal-oriented, with ability to work under deadlines;
- Excellent critical thinking, data analysis and problem-solving skills;
- Proficient computer skills including an intermediate knowledge in Microsoft Office programs such as Outlook, Excel, and Word required; ERP system experience preferred;
- Proficient skills in using general office equipment including desktop, telephone, printer, copier, fax, scanner, etc.
Job Type: Full-time
- collections: 1 year (Preferred)
- Accounts Receivable: 1 year (Preferred)
- United States (Preferred)
- Paid time off
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts such as HSAs or FSAs
- Other types of insurance
- Retirement benefits or accounts
- Child Care benefits
- Gym memberships or discounts
- Employee discounts