State and Local Tax Exemptions Senior Manager Job Opening
State and Local Tax Exemptions Senior Manager
Verizon• Basking Ridge, New Jersey
What you’ll be doing...
This position works closely with Customer Care to obtain and validate customer exemption documentation needed to support customer exemption status; works closely with billing IT groups to ensure customer status is properly coded in Verizon billing systems. The position also supports Tax Audit and Compliance groups by ensuring that Verizon has accurate and properly executed tax exemption documentation to support the tax exemption status of our Telecom accounts.
The following are the key functions of the Tax Manager position:
- Develop and guide a Team of Senior Tax Consultants / Analysts who handle tax exemption requests for Verizon accounts. Facilitate cross-training and collaboration within the group to ensure each team member can handle a variety of issues.
- Oversee exemption process which includes reviewing / approving exemption certificates, resolving customer inquiries, and interfacing with customer-facing groups.
- Develop and distribute training guides for Verizon’s customer facing groups to enable them to effectively handle customer requests for tax exemptions. Provide training on request.
- Initiate and support process improvements that enhance the current tax exemption process. For example, recommending processes for BOTs to handle repetitive tasks.
- Manage the implementation of billing systems conversions and system enhancements relating to taxing exemption processing.
- Manage the annual Federal Universal Service Fund (FUSF) recertification process for Verizon accounts and address exemption questions and credit claims related to FUSF.
- Oversee and issue vendor tax exemption certificates as needed.
- Support Tax Audit and Compliance Groups by providing exemption documentation and researching billing account data.
- Work on special projects, such as, database clean-ups, billing system conversions, and VLSS projects as they relate to tax exemption processing, e.g. VLSS project to update bill names on internal/company accounts.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor degree in Accounting, Finance or related field of study or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
Even better if you have:
- CPA or MBA.
- Six or more years of relevant Transaction Tax and/or Finance experience.
- Experience using Microsoft and Google Applications.
- Demonstrated strong analytical and interpersonal skills as well as excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- High motivation and flexibility.
- Demonstrated ability to thrive in a dynamic environment and meet deadlines.
- Experience with State and Local Taxes.
- Project Management experience.
- Knowledge of Verizon billing systems.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.