Financial Director Job Opening
New Life Center• Goodyear, Arizona
Full Time - Exempt
Reports to: COO
Salary - DOE
JOB FUNCTION: The Financial Director is responsible for maximizing the return on financial assets by establishing financial policies, procedures, controls and reporting systems. This position ensures legal and regulatory compliance for all accounting and financial reporting functions. Oversees cost and general accounting, accounts receivable/collection and payroll and risk management.
- Maintain and report primary fiscal accounting of all agency accounting records for review by COO and approval by CEO.
- Prepare and maintain all accounting journals and update general ledger as appropriate.
- Reviews employee payroll, related tax deposits, and quarterly and annual payroll reports.
- Prepare all monthly bank reconciliations and submit for review by COO and approval by CEO.
- Prepare financial reports for service contractors and funding sources for review by COO and approval by CEO.
- Prepare monthly claims for all service contracts for review by COO and approval by CEO.
- Ensure financial compliance with rules and regulations related to contracts and funding sources.
- Prepare applicable data and work with agency representatives during audits as necessary.
- Collaborate with grants team to create grants budgets.
- Maintain internal budget controls.
- Maintain good internal control procedures.
- Act as liaison for annual accounting audit, prepare materials and worksheets, and work closely with auditors during the audit process.
- Manage the Finance Dept. and supervise finance staff. Provide professional development and training. Interview and hire qualified candidates for each position and perform periodic and annual performance evaluations.
- Interact professionally with volunteers, other service providers and community representatives.
- Contribute to the trauma informed environment at New Life Center.
- Work with Administrative Team to identify and develop new funding sources.
- At the direction of the CEO, meet with Board members and participate in agency planning sessions.
- Evaluate and obtain property, auto, liability and professional liability insurance coverage for shelter.
- Work with Administrative Team to maintain Finance job descriptions and policies and procedures.
- Meet regularly with the COO and Administrative Team.
- Keep current on the issue of domestic violence.
- Help build cooperative relationships with all staff and volunteers.
- Support and adhere to all policies regarding resident and program confidentiality.
- Perform other duties as directed by the COO and/or CEO.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting and 5 years experience in a senior account role for non-profit agencies preferred; other combinations of education and experience will be considered.
- Be bondable by fidelity.
- Obtain fingerprint clearance. **
- Must be 21 years of age or older.
- CPR/First Aid Certification required. **
- TB test required. **
- Valid Arizona driver’s license.
* If you do not have the items marked with an **, the employer will complete these areas of qualification during the hire process.
Job Type: Full-time
- Nonprofit Accounting: 5 years (Required)
- Bachelor's (Preferred)
- United States (Required)